Vince playing for Melbourne in June 2017
|Full name||Bernard Vince|
|Date of birth||2 October 1985|
|Place of birth||Yorke Peninsula, Australia|
|Original team(s)||Woodville-West Torrens (SANFL)|
|Draft||No. 32, 2005 national draft|
Round 1, 2006, Adelaide|
vs. Collingwood, at Telstra Dome
|Height||186 cm (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||86 kg (190 lb)|
|International team honours|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2018.
2 State and international statistics correct as of 2011.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Originally from the Yorke Peninsula, he attended school at Minlaton District School until his senior years, which were spent in Adelaide at Prince Alfred College where he represented the school in the Open A Grade football and cricket teams.
Vince originally played Australian Rules football for the CMS Crows. After an unsuccessful stint in the SANFL, he returned to Stansbury, but eventually Woodville-West Torrens gave him a chance to play in the SANFL firsts—successfully played four games–including 3 finals. Vince was selected by the Adelaide Football Club in the 2005 national draft with pick 32.
Vince played all pre-season NAB Cup games in 2006, and debuted later that year—playing ten games in his first two seasons. He played six consecutive games early in 2007 before missing the rest of the season due to form and injury.
2008 saw Vince become a consistent member of Adelaide's young midfield, capable of going forward as well. One such performance earned him the Showdown Medal in Showdown XXIV against rivals Port Adelaide, despite being one of several Crows to take heavy knocks in the six-point victory. In round 11 against Richmond, he exceeded 30 disposals for the first time—also kicking 3 goals—as Adelaide won by 50 points. He has continued this form in 2009, being one of the club's, and league's, leading possession-getters. Vince topped a great season by winning the Adelaide Crows Best and Fairest award in 2009.
In 2007 and 2010 Vince was suspended by Adelaide for missing curfews. Prior to the start of the 2012 AFL season, Vince was reprimanded, but not suspended, after reportedly stripping down to his underwear in a pub after celebrating his cricket team winning the championship. Vince had played for the Stansbury, South Australia for most of the season, but Adelaide coach Brenton Sanderson prevented him from playing in the final to avoid any chance of injury so close to the AFL season.
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- "Vince joins Adelaide club greats". The Advertiser.
- Brettig, Daniel (8 August 2007). "Adelaide trio suspended". Archived from the original on 14 October 2012.
- "Crows suspend three players for breaches". The Age. Melbourne. 17 May 2010.
- Rucci, Michelangelo (13 March 2012). "No Vince suspension but Crows unimpressed with boxer shorts incident". AdelaideNow.
- Ryan, Peter (18 October 2013). "Melbourne swoops on Vince". AFL Bigpond.
- Guthrie, Ben (11 September 2015). "Vince ends Jones' streak for maiden Demons crown". AFL.com.au. Bigpond. Retrieved 11 September 2015.
- "Bernie Vince". AFL Tables. Retrieved 30 August 2014.