Bernard II, Lord of Lippe
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2009)
|Lord of Lippe|
German: Bernhard II. Herr zur Lippe
|Died||30 April 1224 (aged 83–84)|
|Spouse(s)||Heilwig of Are-Hochstaden|
|Father||Herman I, Lord of Lippe|
Marriage and childrenEdit
In 1167, Bernard married Heilwig (1150–1196), likely the daughter of Otto, Count of Are-Hochstaden. They had eleven children who survived into adulthood.
- Herman II (1175 – 25 Apr 1229)
- Otto II († 28 Jul 1227); Bishop of Utrecht from 1215
- Bernard IV († 28 Jul 1227); Bishop of Paderborn from 1228
- Dietrich († 28 Jul 1227); killed at the Battle of Ane
- Gerhard II (c. 1190 – 28 August 1258); Archbishop of Bremen from 1219
- Ethelind, Abess of Bassum from c. 1224 to c. 1243
- Gertrud II, Abbess of the Imperial Abbey at Herford from 1217 to 1239
- Kunigunde, Abbess of Freckenhorst from 1219 to c. 1225
- Adelheid, married Heinrich I of Arnsberg, as a widow she became the Abbess of Elten
- Heilwig (c. 1186 – after 1244), married Gottfried II. of Ziegenhain
- Beatrix († 1244), married Heidenrich I. of Lutterberg
Margarethe of Lippe († 1221) is frequently listed as a daughter of Bernard II and an unknown mother. This remains unproven.
- "Bernhard zur Lippe". Germania Sacra people index (in German). Göttingen Academy of Sciences and Humanities.
Bernard II, Lord of LippeBorn: c. 1140 Died: 30 April 1224
| Lord of Lippe