Berkeley Sound (French: Baye Accaron, Spanish: Bahía de la Anunciación ) is an inlet, or fjord in the north east of East Falkland in the Falkland Islands. The inlet was the site of the first attempts at colonisation of the islands, at Port Louis, by the French.
Berkeley Sound has several smaller bays within it - Uranie Bay, Port Louis harbour and Johnson's Harbour bay, separated by Grave Point, and includes islands such as Hog Island, Kidney Island (a nature reserve) and Long Island. It was enlarged as the result of glacial action.
- Dom Pernety, Antoine-Joseph. Journal historique d'un voyage fait aux Iles Malouïnes en 1763 et 1764 pour les reconnoître et y former un établissement; et de deux Voyages au Détroit de Magellan, avec une Rélation sur les Patagons. Berlin: Etienne de Bourdeaux, 1769. 2 volumes, 704 pp. Online vol. 1 & vol. 2. Abridged English version.
- PCGN Falkland Islands Archived 2012-10-22 at the Wayback Machine
- Darwin and the Beagle, Alan Moorehead
- The 1986 Fisheries (Conservation and Management) Ordinance
- Oiled birds found after tanker fuel spill Archived October 17, 2006, at the Wayback Machine
- Where was FIG action on oil spill asks Falklands Conservation?
|This Falkland Islands location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a fjord is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|