The Honourable Berkeley Thomas Paget (2 January 1780 – 26 October 1842) was a British politician.
Paget was the sixth son of Henry Paget, 1st Earl of Uxbridge, and Jane, daughter of the Very Reverend Arthur Champagné. He was the younger brother of Henry Paget, 1st Marquess of Anglesey, Sir Arthur Paget, Sir Edward Paget and Sir Charles Paget.
Paget succeeded his elder brother Sir Arthur Paget as Member of Parliament for Anglesey in 1807. In 1810 he was appointed a lord of the treasury by Spencer Perceval, a post he retained when Lord Liverpool became prime minister in 1812 after Perceval's assassination. In 1820 he became Member of Parliament for Milborne Port, succeeding another brother, Sir Edward Paget. He continued to represent this constituency and remained a lord of the treasury until in 1826.
Berkeley married in 1804 Sophia, daughter of the Hon. William Bucknall (earlier William Grimston, MP) and granddaughter of James Grimston, 2nd Viscount Grimston. She survived him by 17 years, and died in February 1859. They had four sons and three daughters. The children were:
- Gertrude Jane, who married the future Standish O'Grady, 2nd Viscount Guillamore.
- Frederick, captain in the Coldstream Guards and MP for Beaumaris. He married Maria Georgiana Grenfell.
- Eleanor, married in 1825 the future William Jolliffe, 1st Baron Hylton.
- Catesby Paget, captain in the 7th Foot, married in 1839 Florinda Frances Mason (died 1842), daughter of Thomas Monck Mason R.N. He subsequently married Adelaide Stapleton, daughter of Miles John Stapleton, who died in 1860; and then Emily Armit, daughter of Richard Armit.
- Leopold Grimston, a colonel in the Royal Artillery, whose son Wellesley Paget became a brigadier-general in the Royal Artillery. He married Georgiana Theodosia Halsey.
- Lennox, died young.
- thepeerage.com Hon. Berkeley Thomas Paget
- "leighrayment.com House of Commons: Andover to Armagh South". Archived from the original on 20 October 2018. Retrieved 10 December 2009. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "leighrayment.com House of Commons: Mayo to Minehead". Archived from the original on 10 August 2009. Retrieved 10 December 2009. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Paget, Hon. Berkeley Thomas (1780–1842), of 15 Portman Street, Mdx., History of Parliament Online". Retrieved 4 June 2017.
- "Grimston, Hon. William (1750–1814), History of Parliament Online". Retrieved 4 June 2017.
- The Gentleman's Magazine. W. Pickering. 1843. p. 425.
- "Kindred Britain, Hon. Berkeley Thomas Paget". Stanford University. Retrieved 4 June 2017.
- Lodge, Edmund (1873). The Peerage and Baronetage of the British Empire as at Present Existing. Hurst and Blackett, limited. p. 17. Retrieved 4 June 2017.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by Mr Berkeley Paget
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
Hon. Sir Arthur Paget
| Member of Parliament for Anglesey
Earl of Uxbridge
Hon. Sir Edward Paget
| Member of Parliament for Milborne Port
With: The Lord Graves
The Lord Graves