Berit Mørdre-Lammedal (née Mørdre, 16 April 1940 – 23 August 2016) was a Norwegian cross-country skier. She competed at the 1968 and 1972 Olympics in the 5 km, 10 km and 3 × 5 km relay events and won a complete set of medals: a gold, a silver and a bronze. She also won a silver medal in the relay at the 1966 World Championships.
|Born||16 April 1940|
Nes, Akershus, Norway
|Died||23 August 2016 (aged 76)|
|Height||168 cm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Weight||57 kg (126 lb)|
|Club||Romerikslagets IL, Oslo|
Mørdre was born and raised on a farm in Nes, but since 1965 lived in Oslo, where she worked as a police officer. In 1969 she married, and changed her last name to Mørdre-Lammedal. She took part in several Holmenkollen ski festivals, winning the 5 km race in 1974. In 1971 she became the first Norwegian woman to win the Holmenkollen medal (shared with Marjatta Kajosmaa and Reidar Hjermstad). Domestically she won 13 Norwegian titles, six over 5 km and seven over 10 km.
Cross-country skiing resultsEdit
- 3 medals – (1 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze)
|Year||Age||5 km||10 km|| 3 × 5 km |
- 1 medal – (1 silver)
|Year||Age||5 km||10 km|| 3/4 × 5 km |
- Skidronningen og pioneren Berit Mørdre er død, Raumnes (29 August 2016). Retrieved 29 August 2016. (in Norwegian)
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Berit Mørdre". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 3 December 2016.
- "MÖRDRE-LAMMEDAL Berit". FIS-Ski. International Ski Federation. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Berit Mørdre.|
- Berit Mördre-Lammedal at the International Ski Federation
- Holmenkollen medalists at the Wayback Machine (archived 24 February 2007) – click Holmenkollmedaljen for downloadable pdf file (in Norwegian)
- Holmenkollen winners since 1892 at the Wayback Machine (archived 24 February 2007) – click Vinnere for downloadable pdf file (in Norwegian)
|This biographical article relating to Norwegian cross-country skiing is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|