Berekum Chelsea F.C.
Berekum Chelsea Football Club is a Ghanaian professional football club based in Berekum, Bono Region, previously known as Bechem Chelsea Football Club. They compete in the Ghanaian top-flight league called the First Capital Premier League.
|Full name||Berekum Chelsea Football Club|
|Founded||21 July 2004|
|Ground||Golden City Park|
Berekum, Bono Region, Ghana
|Owner||Obed Nana Nketiah|
|Chairman||Obed Nana Nketiah|
|League||Ghana Premier League|
|2019||Ghana Premier League, 15th|
The club was formed on 21 July 2004 in the then Brong Ahafo Region of Ghana. In 2008, four years after the inception of the club during that period playing and rising in the lower leagues, it was promoted to the Ghana premier league after winning their zone of the Division One League.
The board of directors heeded the advice by the Ghana Football Association to use the name Berekum Chelsea rather than the Bechem Chelsea. The Club was later moved to Bechem and its name changed to Bechem Chelsea in conformity with its home base.
The club's name and home kit are inspired by Chelsea. The club played at Ohene Djan Sports Stadium for their first Glo Premier League match on 24 November 2008 and won the match with a 3–2 victory against Liberty Professionals. The club started the 2010–11 Ghanaian Premier League season very strongly and then eventually went on to win the league.
Performance in CAF competitionsEdit
- CAF Champions League: 2 appearance
As of January 2021.
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- Chairman: Obed Nana Nketiah
- Vice Chairman: Francis Adjei Yeboah
- Director of Sports: Ralph Gyambrah
- Communications Director: Isaac Amponsah
- Chief Executive Officer: Nana Kwame Nketiah
- Secretary & Assistant CEO: Tetteh Adu Samuel
- Head Coach: Abdul-Hanan
- Assistant Coach: Randolph Armah
- Head Coach U-20: Randolph Armah
- Assistant Coach U-20: Gyamfi Bright Sowah
For all former players with a Wikipedia article see Category:Berekum Chelsea F.C. players
- "Brong Ahafo to be known as Bono Region". Graphic Online. Retrieved 2020-08-18.
- "Ghana 2010/11 - Rsssf.com". Rsssf.com.
- Association, Ghana Football. "Berekum Chelsea". www.ghanafa.org. Retrieved 2021-02-16.
- "Bechem Chelsea determined to make inroads". theghanaianjournal.com. 7 November 2008. Retrieved 7 November 2008.
- Twumasi-Fofie, Kwame (20 November 2008). "Bechem Chelsea vs Berekum A. C. Milan". Ghanaweb.com. Retrieved 20 November 2008.
- "Bechem Chelsea Shock Liberty". modernghana.com. 24 November 2008. Retrieved 24 November 2008.
- Boadu, Kwame Asare (13 October 2008). "TEARS AND JOY ...As Bechem Chelsea enters the big league (NSEMPA, BACK PAGE)". asareboadu.blogspot.com. Retrieved 13 October 2008.
- "Ghana: Chelsea to Play in GPL". Allafrica.com. 9 October 2008. Retrieved 9 October 2008.
- "Mirren seal last premiership place". ghanafa.org. 13 October 2008. Archived from the original on 2011-08-09. Retrieved 13 October 2008.
- "Berekum Chelsea Announce Puma AG Kit Sponsorship". berekumchelsea.com. 30 November 2008. Archived from the original on 3 December 2008. Retrieved 30 November 2008.
- "The ultimate 18-team Ghana Premier League season guide 2020/21 - MyJoyOnline.com". www.myjoyonline.com. Retrieved 2021-02-16.
- "Berekum Chelsea – The Management". berekumchelsea.com. Archived from the original on 2010-11-04.