Bereket Simon is an Ethiopian politician who was Ethiopian Communications Minister for the ruling Ethiopian People's Revolutionary Democratic Front (EPRDF). He was undergoing medical treatment in Saudi Arabia financed by the billionaire Mohammed Alamudin. He was a close friend of former prime minister Meles Zenawi since their University days. He was widely considered as Meles Zenawi's right-hand man.
On January 23, 2019, Bereket was arrested by Amhara region government in correlation of corruption along with Tadesse Kassa, a civil servant. They brought in Addis Ababa. The reaction caused a positive opinion by the people in case of his much controversy throughout the country.
- "Bereket Simon - Bio, News, Photos". Washington Times. Retrieved 2012-09-28.
- Washington, The he now quit his job (2012-01-18). "Briefly: Africa". Washington Times. Retrieved 2012-09-28.
- "BBC News - Meles Zenawi: Ethiopian leader 'getting better'". Bbc.co.uk. 2012-08-01. Retrieved 2012-09-28.
- "Ethiopia braces itself for post-Meles era | Africa | DW.DE | 22.08.2012". DW.DE. Retrieved 2012-09-28.
- David Smith in Johannesburg (2012-08-21). "Ethiopia's Meles Zenawi dies of undisclosed illness | World news | guardian.co.uk". London: Guardian. Retrieved 2012-09-28.
- "Ethiopia arrests ex-minister for mismanagement of funds - FANA".
- AfricaNews (2019-01-23). "Ethiopia arrests ex-govt minister Bereket Simon over corruption". Africanews. Retrieved 2019-03-01.
he arrested of corruption suspected case in january 24 2018
|This article about an Ethiopian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|