This article possibly contains original research. (February 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The CBD of Benoni
|• Total||175.55 km2 (67.78 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,645 m (5,397 ft)|
|• Density||900/km2 (2,300/sq mi)|
|Racial makeup (2011)|
|• Black African||45.2%|
|First languages (2011)|
|• Northern Sotho||5.3%|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (SAST)|
|Postal code (street)|
People from BenoniEdit
- Charlene, Princess of Monaco, (née Charlene Wittstock), swimmer, and consort of Prince Albert II of Monaco
- Bryan Habana, former Springboks rugby player
- Philip Holiday, IBF World Champion Boxer
- Morris Kahn (born 1930), Israeli billionaire, founder and chairman of Aurec Group
- Mildred Mangxola, singer and member of the Mahotella Queens
- Frith van der Merwe, schoolteacher at Benoni High and the most prolific female runner in the history of the Comrades Marathon
- Pops Mohamed, jazz musician
- Genevieve Morton, top model
- Grace Mugabe, former First Lady of Zimbabwe
- Bradley Player, cricketer
- Oliver Reginald Tambo, ANC, ANCYL and SACP hero during the Apartheid regime.
- Charlize Theron, Oscar-winning actress (Academy Awards: Best Actress Monster)
- Vic Toweel, former undisputed World bantamweight champion and South African boxing champion.
- Jill Trappler, visual artist
- "Main Place Benoni". Census 2011.
- "Crazy Monkey Presents Straight Outta Benoni". IMDb.com. 1 August 2005. Retrieved 21 December 2010.
- "Jewish Report : Lieberman being sidelined as Israeli foreign minister" (PDF). Sajr.co.za. 10 July 2009. Retrieved 25 January 2017.
- "Comrades Marathon". comrades.com. Retrieved 19 June 2019.
- Smith, David (15 July 2015). "Don't mess with Grace Mugabe – she could be the next president of Zimbabwe". The Guardian. Retrieved 4 July 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Benoni.|