This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Television and filmEdit
He began his career as a production staffer on the JJ Abrams produced ABC dramedy What About Brian. He would later go on to work with Abrams a second time on the 2008 science-fiction feature Cloverfield, as a production assistant.
Arrow and The FlashEdit
In summer 2012, Sokolowski joined the freshman season of the DC Comics produced CW series Arrow, as a writer. He was then promoted to executive story editor, during the second season. With the commencement of season three, Sokolowski was promoted to co-producer; and at the start of production for the show's fourth season he was named producer, along with Keto Shimizu. Episodes he has contributed to include:
- "Damaged" (1.05) (co-written by co-producer Wendy Mericle)
- "Burned" (1.10) (co-written by co-executive producer Moira Kirland)
- "Vertigo" (1.12) (co-written with Mericle)
- "Home Invasion" (1.21) (co-written with Beth Schwartz)
- "Identity" (2.02) (co-written by Schwartz)
- "Keep Your Enemies Closer" (2.06) (co-written with Schwartz)
- "Three Ghosts" (2.09) (Sokolowski and DC Comics CCO Geoff Johns wrote a teleplay, based on a story by executive producers Andrew Kreisberg and Greg Berlanti)
- "The Promise" (2.15) (co-written by supervising producer Jake Coburn)
- "Streets of Fire" (2.22) (co-written by Coburn)
- "The Secret Origin of Felicity Smoak" (3.05) (co-written with Brian Ford Sullivan)
- "Midnight City" (3.11) (co-written with co-executive producer Mericle)
- "Nanda Parbat" (3.15) (Sokolowski and co-executive producer Erik Oleson co-wrote a teleplay, based on a story by Mericle and Sokolowski)
- "Broken Arrow" (3.19) (Sokolowski and Sullivan co-wrote a teleplay, based on a story by co-executive producer Coburn)
- "This Is Your Sword" (3.22) (Sullivan and Sokolowski co-wrote a teleplay, based on a story from Oleson)
- "Beyond Redemption" (4.04) (co-written by co-producer Schwartz)
- "Beacon of Hope" (4.17) (co-written with Brian Ford Sullivan)
- "A Matter of Trust" (5.03) (co-written with Emilio Ortega Aldrich)
- "Vigilante" (5.07) (co-written with Emilio Ortega Aldrich)
- "Who Are You?" (5.10) (co-written with Brian Ford Sullivan
- "Fighting Fire With Fire" (5.15) (co-written with Speed Weed)
- "Deathstroke Returns" (6.05) (co-written with Spiro Skentzos)
- "Crisis on Earth X Part 2 (6.08) Sokolowski and Mericle co-wrote a teleplay, based on a story by co-executive producers Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim)
During the first season of Arrow's sister-series The Flash, Sokolowski crossed over to co-pen two episodes. With the commencement of the sophomore year, he was promoted to consulting producer. Installments he has contributed to include:
- "Flash vs. Arrow" (1.08) (Brooke Eikmeier and Sokolowski co-wrote a teleplay, based on a story from executive producers Kreisberg and Berlanti)
- "Fallout" (1.14) (co-written with Shimizu)
- "The Darkness and the Light" (2.05) (co-penned by executive story editor Grainne Godfree)
It was announced in July 2014, that he, along with Arrow and The Flash co-creator Andrew Kreisberg, would take over writing for the Green Arrow New 52 comic book series in October of that year. Their tenure commenced with issue #35.
- "Ben Sokolowski". TV.com. Retrieved September 2, 2014.
- Cassidy, Katie (July 30, 2015). "#Arrow". Twitter. Retrieved August 28, 2015.
- "Episode Title: (#108) "Flash vs. Arrow"". The Futon Critic. Retrieved November 19, 2014.
- Schedeen, Andrea (July 3, 2014). "ARROW'S ANDREW KREISBERG AND BEN SOKOLOWSKI TO TAKE OVER DC'S GREEN ARROW COMIC". IGN. Retrieved September 2, 2014.