Ben Snow is a special effects artist who has been nominated four times at the Academy Awards. He works at Industrial Light & Magic.
|Occupation||Visual effects artist|
All 4 films were in the category of Best Visual Effects
- 74th Academy Awards-Nominated for Pearl Harbor. Nomination shared with Eric Brevig, John Frazier and Ed Hirsh. Lost to The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.
- 75th Academy Awards-Nominated for Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones. Nomination shared with Rob Coleman, Pablo Helman and John Knoll. Lost to The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.
- 81st Academy Awards-Nominated for Iron Man. Nomination shared with Shane Mahan, John Nelson and Dan Sudick. Lost to The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.
- 83rd Academy Awards-Nominated for Iron Man 2. Nomination shared with Janek Sirrs, Dan Sudick and Ged Wright. Lost to Inception.
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
- Noah (2014)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011)
- Iron Man 2 (2010)
- Terminator Salvation (2009)
- Iron Man (2008)
- The Spiderwick Chronicles (2007)
- King Kong (2005)
- Van Helsing (2004)
- Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones (2002)
- Pearl Harbor (2001)
- Galaxy Quest (1999)
- The Mummy (1999)
- Deep Impact (1998)
- The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997)
- Mars Attacks! (1996)
- Twister (1996)
- Casper (1995)
- Star Trek Generations (1994)
- Celebrating the Achievements of our Past Students, ACT Government, archived from the original on 30 January 2017, retrieved 31 January 2017
- Ben is a four time Academy Award Nominee (Best Visual Effects), University of Canberra, retrieved 31 January 2017
- "The 74th Academy Awards (2002) Nominees and Winners". Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. AMPAS. Retrieved March 27, 2014.
- "The 75th Academy Awards (2003) Nominees and Winners". oscars.org. Retrieved March 27, 2014.
- "The 81st Academy Awards (2009) Nominees and Winners". Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. AMPAS. Retrieved March 27, 2014.
- "The 83rd Academy Awards (2011) Nominees and Winners". Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. AMPAS. Archived from the original on December 24, 2013. Retrieved March 27, 2014.