Ben Michael Perreau (born 1980 in Taplow, England) is a British journalist, radio presenter and entrepreneur who founded Synkio, an online marketplace for licensing music and Gigulate, a music news and concert listings aggregator.
Ben Michael Perreau
1980 (age 41–42)
Life and careerEdit
Perreau first worked as a radio producer at London's Virgin Radio and a presenter on Liquid London. In 2004 he joined British music magazine NME, where he led the development of music site NME.COM which later became the world’s largest music website of its time. In his role as the editor, Perreau worked on introducing new features on the website. Perreau planned for NME.COM to enter the US market by opening offices in Los Angeles and New York. Perreau was named one of the “50 People Shaping Online Journalism″ in 2006 by The Press Gazette.
In 2009 Perreau founded Gigulate, an automated aggregator for music news and concert listings. By the end of year, he joined Global Radio as Director of Digital content responsible for the group's editorial strategy and content direction. In 2013 he founded Synkio, an online and mobile platform for music and audio licensing.
- "Synkio's 'Soundcloud For Licensed Music' Tries To Take Pain Out Of Soundtrack Mess".
- Simon Hinde (2 April 2014). "Too much information? Keeping data safe". Telegraph.
- Andy Dollerson (27 March 2010). "How will we listen to music in 2020".
- "NME.COM Overhauls". marketingmagazine.co.uk.
- "South by Southwest: how the geeks took over the world's coolest festival". The Guardian. 20 March 2010.
- "NME.COM Plans to Break America". paidcontent.org. Archived from the original on 15 December 2013.
- "Top 50 People Shaping Online Journalism". editorandpublisher.com.
- "AOP Award Winners 2006". Archived from the original on 15 September 2013. Retrieved 13 October 2013.
- "Ben Perreau leaves NME.COM".
- "Ben Perreau joins BSkyB".
- "Gigulate Aims to profit from crawling music news". paidcontent.org. Archived from the original on 21 April 2013.
- "Sky's Ben Perreau to take over as Global Radio director of digital content". guardian.co.uk.
- Mike Butcher (@mikebutcher) (12 June 2013). "Synkio's 'Soundcloud For Licensed Music' Tries To Take Pain Out Of Soundtrack Mess". TechCrunch. Retrieved 20 November 2013.
- RHIAN JONES (24 October 2013). "Global Radio's Ben Perreau resigns". Music Week. Retrieved 20 April 2016.
- "Made in LA: Synkio". 27 October 2015.
- Dylan Baker (26 March 2014). "5 music startups you need to hear about". Archived from the original on 7 September 2015. Retrieved 20 April 2016.