Ben Dunn (born April 17, 1964) is an American comic book artist. Although born in Taiwan, he grew up in Taiwan, Kentucky, and San Antonio, Texas, where he graduated from Central Catholic Marianist High School. It was in Taiwan that he was first exposed to Japanese manga. In 1984 he founded Antarctic Press, an American comic book company specializing in Manga-style titles. His most notable creations for Antarctic are the comic book series Ninja High School and Warrior Nun Areala. In 2003, he sold Antarctic to start his own development company, Sentai Studios.
|Born||April 17, 1964|
|Area(s)||Writer, Artist, Publisher|
|Marvel Mangaverse, Ninja High School, Warrior Nun Areala|
In 2016, Art Greenhaw began creating, editing and writing faith-based visual novels and comic books, starting with book series title God's Silver Soldiers, also known as Silver Soldiers: The Comic and followed by Tales of Nazareth: The Boyhood of Jesus. The comic books, under the imprint of Truthmonger Comics Group Publishing, have achieved acclaim for their action-oriented innovation in illustrations by Dunn, as well as their storylines, and they have been covered in the media by TV channels, newspapers, and faith-based, nationally syndicated radio.
In 2019, Dunn created the Coalition of Independent Comic Publishers.
Dunn now lives in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex with his wife and two children.
Comics work includes:
- Captain Harlock
- Dynamo Joe (fill-in art)
- Swords of Texas
- Heaven Sent
- The Agents
- Mighty Tiny
- Ninja High School
- Warrior Nun Areala
- Marvel Mangaverse
- How to Draw Manga
- How to Draw Steampunk
- God's Silver Soldiers (aka Silver Soldiers: The Comic)
- Tales of Nazareth: The Boyhood of Jesus
- Miller, John Jackson. "Comics Industry Birthdays", Comics Buyer's Guide, June 10, 2005. Accessed February 1, 2011. WebCitation archive
- "A-Scanner-Darkly - Cast, Crew, Director and Awards". Movies.nytimes.com. 2010-11-01. Retrieved 2011-08-01.
- "God's Silver Soldiers - Art Greenhaw, The Light Crust Doughboys - Songs, Reviews, Credits - AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- "Tales of Nazareth: Boyhood of Jesus (feat. Art Greenhaw & Eli) by Truthmonger Comics Group". Itunes.apple.com. 14 April 2017. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- "Mesquite Grammy Winner Turns Comic Book Author". Cw33.com. 4 August 2016. Retrieved 7 September 2018.
- "Ben Dunn of Antarctic Press Proposes a Comics Publisher Coalition - the CICP". Bleedingcool.com. Retrieved 20 February 2019.
- Dunn, Ben (20 February 2019). "How to Draw Manga #26". Antarctic Press. Retrieved 20 February 2019 – via Amazon.
- "God's Silver Soldiers I Official Website". Godssilversoldiers.com. Retrieved 20 February 2019.
- "Antarctic Press Creator List". Antarctic-press.com. Retrieved 20 February 2019.
- Antarctic Press website
- Ben Dunn at the Comic Book DB
- Ben Dunn at the Grand Comics Database
- Ben Dunn interview part 1
- Ben Dunn interview part 2
- Interview with Ben Dunn on the Department of Nerdly Affairs Podcast
|This profile of an American comics creator, writer, or artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|