Ben Andrews (mathematician)
Ben Andrews is a Senior Fellow at the Centre for Mathematics and its Applications at the Australian National University. He is known for contributions to geometric analysis, with a majority of his work being in the field of extrinsic geometric flows. He received his Ph.D. from Australian National University in 1993, under the supervision of Gerhard Huisken. As of 2020, he has had eight Ph.D. students.
In 2002, he was an inviter speaker at the International Congress of Mathematicians. In 2003, he received the Australian Mathematical Society Medal, along with Andrew Hassell, for distinguished research in the mathematical sciences. In 2012 he became a fellow of the American Mathematical Society.
- Ben Andrews and Christopher Hopper. The Ricci flow in Riemannian geometry. A complete proof of the differentiable 1/4-pinching sphere theorem. Lecture Notes in Mathematics, vol. 2011. Springer, Heidelberg, 2011. xviii+296 pp. ISBN 978-3-642-16285-5 doi:10.1007/978-3-642-16286-2
- Ben Andrews, Bennett Chow, Christine Guenther, and Mat Langford. Extrinsic geometric flows. Graduate Studies in Mathematics, vol. 206. American Mathematical Society, 2020. 790 pp. ISBN 978-1-4704-5596-5
|A94.||Ben Andrews. Contraction of convex hypersurfaces in Euclidean space. Calc. Var. Partial Differential Equations 2 (1994), no. 2, 151–171. doi:10.1007/BF01191340|
|A98.||Ben Andrews. Evolving convex curves. Calc. Var. Partial Differential Equations 7 (1998), no. 4, 315–371. doi:10.1007/s005260050111|
|A99.||Ben Andrews. Gauss curvature flow: the fate of the rolling stones. Invent. Math. 138 (1999), no. 1, 151–161. doi:10.1007/s002220050344|
- "ANU - Mathematical Sciences Institute (MSI) - People - Ben Andrews". wwwmaths.anu.edu.au. Archived from the original on 30 October 2009. Retrieved 9 December 2009.
- Ben Andrews. Mathematics Genealogy.
- "Aust MS : The Australian Mathematical Society Medal". www.austms.org.au. Archived from the original on 10 December 2009. Retrieved 9 December 2009.
- List of Fellows of the American Mathematical Society, retrieved 2012-11-03.