This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Belonia is a town and Municipal Council in South Tripura district, Tripura, India. It is also the headquarters of South Tripura District. It is linked with Agartala (the state capital) by National Highway 8 via Udaipur and also via Rajnagar, Sonamura, Melaghar, and Bishramganj. Belonia lies on a border with Bangladesh.
|Elevation||23 m (75 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||TR 08|
Belonia is located at  It has an average elevation of 23 metres (75 feet)..
As of 2011[update] India census, Belonia Municipal Council has a population of 19,996. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Belonia has an average literacy rate of 95%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with 54% of the males and 46% of females literate. 9% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- Belonia Vidyapith H/S School
- Brajendra Kishore Institution
- Aryya Colony H/S School
- S.B.C Nagar H/S School
- Barpathari H/S School
- Brindaban Royaja Para High School, Chittamara, Belonia
- Manurmukh High School
- Amjadnagar High School
- Belonia Govt. English Medium H.S. School
- Belonia Girls H.S. School
- Satmura S.B School
- Ganoyday S.B School
- South Mirzapur High School
- North Belonia High School
- East Mirjapur High School
- Iswar Chandra Vidyasagar College
- ITI College
Places of interestEdit
- Pilak-Pathar, 12th century Hindu-Buddhist archaeological site preserved by ASI, about 12 kilometres (7.5 mi) away
- Trishna Wildlife Sanctuary
- Yogmaya Temple, Kalibari
- Indo-Bangla Custom Checkpost
- Raj Rajeswari Temple, Muhuripur
- Muhurichar river island
- Muhuripur Fishery near Bamchara
- Bharat Bangladesh Maitri Uddyan. (Chottakhola,under Rajnagar Rd Block ) It is a memorable place for the liberation war of Bangladesh in 1971 AD.
- Eco park.It's located at Baroj colony under Belonia Municipal Area
Proposed railway stationEdit
A railway service in Belonia (code: BENA) serve up to Agartala (code: AGTL), Service started from February 2019.Right now Everyday(except Sunday) 2 Pairs of Train runs between Belonia and Agartala. The station lies on the Agartala - Sabroom rail section, which comes under the Lumding railway division of the Northeast Frontier Railway. The segment from Agartala to Sabroom via Udaipur may become operational in 2020, with a proposed elevation of 39m.
Integrated Check Post (ICP)Edit
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Belonia
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- "BLNIA/Belonia Railway Station Map/Atlas NFR/Northeast Frontier Zone - Railway Enquiry". indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 21 March 2017.
- IANS (22 February 2016). "First Commercial Broad Guage [sic] Freight Train Arrives In Tripura". NDTV. Retrieved 19 July 2018.
- "TRIPURAINFO : The first news, views & information website of TRIPURA". 21 March 2016. Archived from the original on 21 March 2016. Retrieved 21 March 2017.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "Assembly Constituencies - Corresponding Districts and Parliamentary Constituencies" (PDF). Tripura. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 8 November 2005. Retrieved 8 October 2008.
|This article related to a location in the Indian state of Tripura is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|