This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2016)
Belonia is a town and municipal council in South Tripura district, Tripura, India. It is also the headquarters of South Tripura District. It is linked with Agartala (the state capital) by National Highway 108A from Belonia to Jolaibari and via National Highway 8 from Jolaibari to Agartala. Belonia lies on the border with Bangladesh.
|Elevation||23 m (75 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||TR 08|
Belonia is located at  It has an average elevation of 23 metres (75 feet)..
As of 2011[update] India census, Belonia Municipal Council has a population of 19,996. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Belonia has an average literacy rate of 95%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with 54% of the males and 46% of females literate. 9% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- Belonia Vidyapith H/S School
- Brajendra Kishore Institution
- Arya Colony H/S School
- S.B.C Nagar H/S School
- Barpathari H/S School
- Brindaban Royaja Para High School, Chittamara, Belonia
- Manurmukh High School
- Amjadnagar High School
- Belonia Govt. English Medium H.S. School
- Belonia Girls H.S. School
- Satmura S.B School
- Ganoyday S.B School
- South Mirzapur High School
- North Belonia High School
- East Mirjapur High School
- Iswar Chandra Vidyasagar College
- ITI College
Places of interestEdit
- Pilak-Pathar, 12th century Hindu-Buddhist archaeological site preserved by ASI, about 12 kilometres (7.5 mi) away
- Trishna Wildlife Sanctuary
- Yogmaya Temple, Kalibari
- Indo-Bangla Custom Checkpost
- Raj Rajeswari Temple, Muhuripur
- Muhurichar river island
- Muhuripur Fishery near Bamchara
- Bharat - Bangladesh Maitri Uddyan (Chottakhola, under Rajnagar RD Block). It is a memorable place for the liberation war of Bangladesh in 1971 AD.
- Eco park. It is located at Baroj colony under Belonia Municipal Area
Belonia railway stationEdit
A railway service in Belonia (code: BENA) serve up to Agartala (code: AGTL), Service started from February 2019. Right now everyday (except Sunday), 2 pairs of trains run between Belonia and Agartala. The station lies on the Agartala - Sabroom rail section, which comes under the Lumding railway division of the Northeast Frontier Railway. The segment from Agartala to Sabroom via Udaipur became operational on 3 October 2019, with a proposed elevation of 39m.
Integrated Check Post (ICP)Edit
Belonia Railway station here at border of India will have Integrated Check Post for immigration and customs and will connect Indian railway network 120 km away with Chittagong port in Bangladesh via Feni.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Belonia
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- "BLNIA/Belonia Railway Station Map/Atlas NFR/Northeast Frontier Zone - Railway Enquiry". indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 21 March 2017.
- IANS (22 February 2016). "First Commercial Broad Guage [sic] Freight Train Arrives In Tripura". NDTV. Retrieved 19 July 2018.
- "TRIPURAINFO : The first news, views & information website of TRIPURA". 21 March 2016. Archived from the original on 21 March 2016. Retrieved 21 March 2017.CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown (link)
- "Belonia Election Results 2018, Full list of Belonia Candidates for Tripura Elections 2018 -The Indian Express". Indian Express. Retrieved 22 January 2021.
- "Assembly Constituencies - Corresponding Districts and Parliamentary Constituencies" (PDF). Tripura. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 8 November 2005. Retrieved 8 October 2008.