Most publications lasted a short duration. The subtitles were usually sporting chronicle.
In Sydney, New South Wales it was known as Bell's Life in Sydney and Sporting Reviewer and had a longer publication run of 1845 to 1872. Stories and articles from the Sydney paper were carried by other newspapers.
In Tasmania, the subtitle was the more extensive sporting chronicle, agricultural gazette and country journal.
- Bell's life in Sydney and sporting reviewer, Pascoe, 1845, retrieved 24 May 2016
- "From Bell's Life in Sydney". South Australian Gazette and Mining Journal. VI (436). South Australia. 12 June 1851. p. 4. Retrieved 24 May 2016 – via National Library of Australia.
- Bell's life in Tasmania : sporting chronicle,agricultural gazette, and country journal, Printed and published for the Proprietor byC. W. Hall, 1859-, 1859, retrieved 24 May 2016
- Bell's life in Victoria and sporting chronicle, Melbourne, 1857, retrieved 24 May 2016
- Bell's life in Adelaide and sporting chronicle, W.H. Hillier for D. McLeod, 1861, retrieved 24 May 2016
- Bell's life in West Australia : a weekly sporting and society journal, Bell's Life in West Australia Newspaper Company, 1896, retrieved 24 May 2016