Belarusian Patriotic Party
The Belarusian Patriotic Party (Belarusian: Беларуская патрыятычная партыя, romanized: Biełaruskaja patryjatyčnaja partyja, BPP) is a political party in Belarus loyal to President Alexander Lukashenko. Nikolai Ulakhovich is party chairman.
|Headquarters||38th Building, Myasnikova St, Minsk, Belarus|
|Political position||Fiscal: Centre-left to left-wing|
Social: Centre-right to right-wing
|House of Representatives|
2 / 110
|Council of the Republic|
0 / 64
0 / 18,809
The party was established in 1994, and was initially named the Belarusian Patriotic Movement. The party was originally formed under presidential candidate Alexander Lukashenko. Major General, Honored Pilot of the USSR, Deputy Chairman of the Union of Officers of Belarus Anatoly Barankevich became the leader of the party.
When checking the Telegraph correspondent of the offices of parties registered in Belarus, it turned out that the BPP has not been at its address since at least 2009, which does not correspond to the information posted on the official website of the Ministry of Justice of Belarus.
The party nominated Nikolai Ulakhovich as its candidate for the 2015 presidential elections. Ulakhovich finished fourth in a field of four candidates with 1.7% of the vote.
On February 18, 2018, following the results of the elections to the Minsk City Council of Deputies, one of the candidates from the Belarusian Patriotic Party was able to be elected to the local Council of Deputies.
Ideology and goalsEdit
Assistance in building a socially just society; assistance to the formation of a renewed union of fraternal peoples and, first of all, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine; supporting the president in his efforts to implement the preeminent program and urgent measures to bring Belarus out of the crisis; protection of national interests, honor and dignity of the Fatherland in all spheres. Among the program points of the BPP was even the abolition of the Belovezha Accords.
- Nikolai Dmitrievich Ulakhovich (born 1951/08/21) - Chairman of the Board of the BPP
- Sergey Alexandrovich Poletaev (born 1975/11/14) - Deputy Chairman of the Board of the BPP
- Leokadiya Dmitrovna Romeyko (born 1959/01/30) - Deputy Chairman of the Board of the BPP
- Grigory Grigorievich Motuzo (born 1962/05/20) - head of the Brest organization
- Viktor Nikolaevich Nikolaev (born 1965/05/06) - head of the Vitebsk organization
- Sergey Grigorievich Lemeshevsky (born 1970/09/20) - head of the Mogilev organization
- Ilya Nikolaevich Ulakhovich (born 1980/12/02) - Head of the Legal Department
- Vitaly Aleksandrovich Romeyko (born 1986/10/22) - head of the Kastrychnitski District organization of Minsk
|Election||Candidate||First round||Second round||Result|
|1994||Endorsed Alexander Lukashenko||2,646,140||44.82%||4,241,026||80.34%||Elected|
|2001||Endorsed Alexander Lukashenko||4,666,680||75.65%||Elected|
|2006||Endorsed Alexander Lukashenko||5,501,249||82.97%||Elected|
|2010||Endorsed Alexander Lukashenko||5,130,557||79.65%||Elected|
|2015||Nikolai Ulakhovich||102,131||1.67%||Lost N|
|2020||Endorsed Alexander Lukashenko||4,661,075||80.10%||Elected|
1 / 260
0 / 110
|2004||Nikolai Ulakhovich||Did not contest||Extra-parliamentary|
3 / 110
2 / 110
- Белорусская патриотическая партия
- Vitali Silitski & Jan Zaprudnik (2010) The A to Z of Belarus, Scarecrow Press, p237
- "Belarus Political parties and leaders - Government".
- https://nn.by/?c=ar&i=155869 Мікалай Улаховіч: Бачу сябе ва ўрадзе на трох пасадах, але яны цяпер занятыя https://nn.by/?c=ar&i=155869
- Dieter Nohlen & Philip Stöver (2010) Elections in Europe: A data handbook, Nomos, p258 ISBN 9783832956097
- Elections in 1995 IPU
- Nohlen, D & Stöver, p254
- https://web.archive.org/web/20101111004450/http://www.zvyazda.minsk.by/second.html?r=1 Ляшкевіч Ю. Вылучаны першыя кандыдаты ад партый
- https://web.archive.org/web/20160305011002/http://telegraf.by/by/2012/04/kuda-propali-belorusskie-partii Куды зніклі беларускія партыі?
- http://rec.gov.by/sites/default/files/pdf/Elections-MS28-elect_59-60.pdf Archived 21 February 2018 at the Wayback Machine Сведения о составе избранных депутатов местных Советов депутатов двадцать восьмого созыва
- Белорусская патриотическая партия это:
- http://minjust.by/ru/site_menu/about/struktura/obschestv/registr/politpart Archived 20 January 2012 at the Wayback Machine Звесткі аб палітычных партыях, зарэгістраваных у Рэспубліцы Беларусь