|Look up being in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Being is an extremely broad concept encompassing objective and subjective features of reality and existence.
Being may also refer to:
- Category of being, the metaphysical classification of all beings
- Being in itself, a term from 20th-century philosophy
- Ego (religion), spiritual or religious "beingness"
- Reference failure, a concept of Bertrand Russell involving fictional beings
- Great chain of being, the rationalist classification of all beings
- Human being
- Human beings in Buddhism
- Sentient beings (Buddhism), a type of being
- Supreme Being, the highest in the hierarchy of beings
- Being Human (disambiguation)
- Ontology, the study of being
- Ousia, Greek for being
- Being and Nothingness, a 1943 essay on phenomenological ontology by Jean-Paul Sartre
- Being and Time, a 1927 book by Martin Heidegger
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Being.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.