Becoming Mike Nichols
Becoming Mike Nichols is a 2016 documentary film directed by Douglas McGrath about the life of Mike Nichols. It premiered at the Sundance Film Festival on January 29, 2016, and was later broadcast on HBO on February 22, 2016.
|Becoming Mike Nichols|
|Directed by||Douglas McGrath|
|Music by||David Lawrence|
|Running time||72 minutes|
|Production company(s)||HBO Documentary Films|
|Original release||January 2016 (Sundance Film Festival)|
The film contains interviews between Jack O'Brien and Mike Nichols filmed in the months before the death of Mike Nichols in 2014. The interviews were held on two nights, one with an audience and one without. Both interviews were held at the Golden Theatre in New York City where An Evening with Mike Nichols and Elaine May premiered 54 years earlier.
John Fink of thefilmstage.com gave the film a B+, calling it "brief and engaging".
- "Daily Roundup: Tickled Probes an Obscure Fetish, James Franco Stars in 11.22.63". sundance.org.
- Kaiser, Charles (February 21, 2016). "Becoming Mike Nichols: new HBO film is fitting tribute to a great director" – via www.theguardian.com.
- "'Becoming Mike Nichols': Sundance Review". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Lodge, Guy; Lodge, Guy (January 29, 2016). "Sundance Film Review: 'Becoming Mike Nichols'".
- Tallerico, Brian. "Becoming Mike Nichols movie review (2016) | Roger Ebert". rogerebert.com.
- "Review: 'Becoming Mike Nichols' charts director's creative arc". Los Angeles Times. February 18, 2016.
- "Becoming Mike Nichols is this year's second best Mike Nichols doc". TV Club.
- Fink, John (February 22, 2016). "[Review] Becoming Mike Nichols".