Beck's Brewery, also known as Brauerei Beck & Co., is a brewery in the northern German city of Bremen. In 2001, Interbrew agreed to buy Brauerei Beck for 1.8 billion euros; at that time it was the fourth largest brewer in Germany. US manufacture of Beck's Brew has been based in St. Louis, Missouri, since early 2012 but some customers have rebelled against the US market version.
|Key people||Lüder Rutenberg|
|Annual production volume||2.56 million hectolitres (2,180,000 US bbl) in 2015|
|Owned by||Anheuser-Busch InBev|
The Beck's Art Label Campaign has offered artists the opportunity to provide designs to replace the brand's label. It started in London in 1987 with Gilbert and George. The artists created an art label, because Beck's sponsored their retrospective at the Hayward Gallery. The labels of the 2000 limited edition Beck's bottles were matching their exhibition poster. Other participants of the Art Label Campaign are members of the loose group "Young British Artists" and nominees or winners of the Turner Prize. Damien Hirst for example, designed a label for Beck's in 1995, showing his famous spots. In 2000, Tracey Emin created a label, which shows herself, posing in a bathtub.
Rachel Whiteread designed a label in 1993, presenting her artwork "house", which was also financed by Beck's. The Art Label Campaign has also been parodied by Matthew Higgs, who is a member of the British art collective "Bank". In the Bank exhibition "The Charge of the Light Brigade" in 1995, he brewed a beer, called "Kunstlerbrau". In 2012, Beck's started giving young and independent musicians the opportunity to design a label for the Beck's bottle. Beck's summer 2009 limited-edition labels were designed by the musical groups Hard-Fi and Ladyhawke.
- "Biermarken in Deutschland". aktiongutesbier.de. n.d. Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- Dan Bilefsky for the Wall Street Journal. Interbrew to Buy Beck's Brewer In Bid to Dominate Beer Market
- Leonard, Devin (26 October 2012). "The Plot to Destroy America's Beer". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 6 February 2017.
- "Company Overview of Interbrew International B.V." Bloomberg Research. Bloomberg. 2016. Retrieved 5 February 2017.
- Leonard, Christopher (14 July 2008). "Anheuser-Busch agrees to sale". The Philadelphia Inquirer. Associated Press. Retrieved 4 February 2016.
- Gibbons, Joanne: Art & Advertising. London 2005 ISBN 9781850435860.
- Bottle of Becks Beer with label designed by Damien Hirst | Hirst, Damien | V&A Search the Collections
- Tracey Emin gets in bed with Beck's | UK news | The Guardian
- Beck'S | Live Beyond Labels
-  Beck's turns to the music industry to design beer labels