This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Beau Flynn is an American film producer. He is known for producing large commercial films such as Skyscraper, Rampage, San Andreas and Hercules, as well as critically acclaimed independent films like Requiem for a Dream, Tigerland, Choke, and The House of Yes. Over the course of his career, Flynn has produced over 32 films that have grossed more than $3 billion at the worldwide box office. Through his dynamic FlynnPictureCo. (FPC), Flynn focuses on high-concept, tentpole studio films designed for the global audience. He has been married to film actress Marley Shelton since 2001 and they have two daughters.
Marley Shelton (m. 2001)
Flynn has been an active member of The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and the Producers Guild of America for over eighteen years. His first job in the industry was as an executive assistant to multiple Academy Award winning producer Scott Rudin, who is the only producer to ever win an Oscar, Tony, Emmy and Grammy.
Flynn’s most recent release, action-thriller Skyscraper, stars Dwayne Johnson and is written and directed by Rawson Marshall Thurber. The film debuted on July 13, 2018 and was the #1 movie in the world in its second weekend. It has grossed over $285 million worldwide and counting.
Flynn’s Rampage, loosely inspired by the classic 80’s Midway arcade game, debuted as the #1 movie worldwide on April 13, 2018 for two weeks straight, grossing over $426 million.  The New Line Cinema and Warner Bros. film is directed by Brad Peyton and stars Dwayne Johnson along with Oscar-nominated actress Naomie Harris.
Flynn’s 2015 release, San Andreas, based on his own original idea, was New Line Cinema and Warner Bros. most successful film of the year, grossing $475 million worldwide. A few of FPC's more recent titles include: Baywatch, Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters, Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, The Rite and Journey to the Center of the Earth, the first film ever produced in HD3D. The technology created for that film is the direct precursor of the technology used worldwide in 3D filmmaking today.
Flynn is currently in production on Disney’s Jungle Cruise, based on the iconic theme park ride, which began shooting in May of 2018. This is Flynn’s seventh collaboration with Dwayne Johnson, who also stars with Emily Blunt. Jaume Collet-Serra is directing.
After Jungle Cruise, Flynn, Dwayne Johnson and Rawson Marshall Thurber will collaborate again in 2019 when they film Red Notice, an international action-thriller, for Universal Pictures, which stars Dwayne Johnson and Gal Gadot.
Some highlights of FPC’s future projects include: an adaptation of DC Comic’s Black Adam, which will star Dwayne Johnson; An Incident at Fort Bragg, a supernatural thriller based on a true story; Stillwater, an original sci-fi thriller; The 37th Parallel and Seven Wonders, both based on Ben Mezrich novels; Road to Oz, a biography of L. Frank Baum, the author of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.
Flynn Picture CompanyEdit
FlynnPictureCo. (FPC) is under a three-year overhead deal with New Line Cinema and Warner Bros., where the banner has had a deal for over 12 years. FlynnPictureCo's staff includes Senior Vice President Wendy Jacobson, Vice President Scott Sheldon, Assistant to Beau Flynn Shelby Thomas and Assistant to Wendy Jacobson and Scott Sheldon Jordan Wise.
Flynn and actress Marley Shelton married in July 2001. Their first daughter, West Flynn, was born on September 6, 2009. Ruby Jeanne Flynn, their second daughter, was born on May 1, 2012.
- 1996: Johns
- 1997: The House of Yes
- 1997: Little City
- 1997: The Alarmist (executive producer)
- 1998: Starstruck
- 1998: Judas Kiss
- 1999: Guinevere (executive producer)
- 1999: Coming Soon
- 1999: The Love Letter (executive producer)
- 2000: Requiem for a Dream (executive producer)
- 2000: Tigerland
- 2001: Faces of Fear' (TV film, executive producer)
- 2001: USA's Cannonball Run 2001 (TV series, executive producer)
- 2001: Bubble Boy
- 2001: Inside 'Fear' (TV film, executive producer)
- 2001: An American Town (TV film, executive producer)
- 2002: Fear (TV series, executive producer - 9 episodes)
- 2002: Slap Her... She's French
- 2002: Till Human Voices Wake Us (executive producer)
- 2003: 11:14
- 2003: Dallas 362 (executive producer)
- 2004: After the Sunset
- 2005: The Exorcism of Emily Rose
- 2006: The Wild
- 2007: The Guardian
- 2007: The Number 23
- 2008: Choke
- 2008: Journey to the Center of the Earth
- 2008: Adventure at the Center of the Earth (Video game)
- 2009: The Mighty Macs (consulting producer)
- 2011: The Rite
- 2011: What's Your Number?
- 2012: Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
- 2012: Red Dawn
- 2013: Hatfields & McCoys (TV film)
- 2013: Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
- 2013: Battle of the Year
- 2014: Hercules
- 2014: Two Night Stand
- 2015: San Andreas
- 2015: Solace
- 2017: Baywatch
- 2018: Rampage
- 2018: Skyscraper
- 2020: Jungle Cruise
- 2020: Red Notice
- TBA: Stillwater
- TBA: Black Adam
- TBA: Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters 2
- TBA: Journey 3: From the Earth to the Moon
- TBA: Murder Mystery
- "How The Rock's popularity in China led 'Skyscraper' to rebound and become the global box-office winner of the weekend". Retrieved 10 August 2018.
- "Rampage (2018) (2018) - Box Office Mojo". www.boxofficemojo.com. Retrieved 10 August 2018.
- Jr, Mike Fleming (11 June 2018). "Gal Gadot To Star With Dwayne Johnson In 'Red Notice'". Retrieved 10 August 2018.
- "Christian Ditter to Direct Sci-Fi Thriller 'Stillwater' for New Line (Exclusive)". 4 January 2018. Retrieved 10 August 2018.
- "Marley Shelton Biography". sharestills.com. Retrieved May 10, 2015.
- Eng, Joyce (September 8, 2009). "It's a Girl for Marley Shelton". TV Guide. Retrieved November 18, 2010.
- http://www.eonline.com/news/marley_shelton_welcomes_another_baby/313047.html[permanent dead link]
- "FILE: Marley Shelton Welcomes Daughter Ruby Jeanne". Yahoo News. 2 May 2012. Archived from the original on 11 November 2014. Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- "Marley Shelton Welcomes Daughter Ruby". usmagazine.com. 1 May 2012. Retrieved 26 November 2014.