Bears Football Club (Bears FC, officially known as Insurance Management Bears FC or IM Bears FC for sponsorship reasons) is a football club based in Nassau, Bahamas. Bears FC plays in BFA Senior League in Bahamas.
|Full name||Insurance Management Bears Football Club|
|Ground||Thomas Robinson Stadium|
|League||BFA Senior League|
In 1996 Anton Sealey upon being elected president of The Bahamas Football Association (BFA) on taking office set as his administrations priorities:
In pursuance of priority two, with a grant from the company with whom he worked, Insurance Management Bahamas Ltd., he began teaching soccer at Queen's College on Saturdays to a group of young players predominantly attending Queen's College. The sessions which began with twelve youngsters grew steadily each week. At the same time Fred Lunn and his brother Lionel, together with current BFA general secretary Lionel Haven and BFA Vice-President Stanley Darville began a similar program at The College of The Bahamas field in Oakes Field, called Get Kickin' As both schools or camps as they were called expanded outgrowing their resources, Anton and Fred saw the wisdom of combining their resources to more effectively deliver quality instruction to their charges, thus the Insurance Management Youth Football Club was born.
They have won the Bahamas President's Cup in consecutive seasons. They have also won the New Providence Football League five times in a row, and six times in total. They won the Grand Bahama FA Cup a record five consecutive times. The main sponsor and owner of club is Scotiabank.
Its jersey features a red shirt with red sleeves and white shorts.
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- 2002/03, 2008/09, 2009/10, 2010/11, 2011/12, 2013
- 2009/10, 2010/11
- 2001/02, 2002/03, 2003/04, 2007, 2008
- 2002/03, 2003/04, 2005/06, 2006/07, 2010, 2011/12
- Bahamas Charity Shield: 2
- 2010, 2011
- "Bears FC Leadership". Bears FC. Archived from the original on 15 August 2014. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- "Bahamas - Bears FC - Results, fixtures, squad, statistics, photos, videos and news - Soccerway". int.soccerway.com. Retrieved 16 November 2018.
- "Insurance Management Bahamas: Personal, Commercial, Professional Services". www.insurancemanagementbahamas.com. Retrieved 16 November 2018.
- "Bahamas - List of Champions". www.rsssf.com. Retrieved 16 November 2018.
|This article about a Bahamian football club is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|