A general view of Baulme-la-Roche
|• Mayor (2020–2026)||Raphaël Véjux|
|6.69 km2 (2.58 sq mi)|
|• Density||13/km2 (35/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||360–596 m (1,181–1,955 ft) |
(avg. 450 m or 1,480 ft)
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
The inhabitants of the commune are known as Rochebalmiens or Rochebalmiennes.
Baulme-la-Roche is located some 17 km west by north-west of Dijon and 8 km north-east of Sombernon. Access to the commune is by the D104C from Mâlain in the south which passes through the commune and the village and continues north-east to join the D10 south-east of Panges. The Paris–Marseille railway passes through the commune and the entrance to the Blaisy-Bas Tunnel is in the commune. The nearest station is at Malain south of the commune. The commune is mostly farmland but there are extensive forests - especially in the east.
The Douix river rises in the west of the commune and flows south-east to join the Ouche east of Sainte-Marie-sur-Ouche. The Ruisseau de Baulme-la-Roche rises in the centre of the commune and flows south-west to join the Douix.
Party per fess, at 1 party per pale, Argent a cross Gules charged with 5 roses and Azure a dexter arm carnation vested Argent holds a crozier of Or; at 2 Azure, a mountain of 3 hillocks of Or; all debruised by a barrulet on the division charged with a fess wavy of Azure.
|2011||2014||Jean Luc Gourdin|
(Not all data is known)
In 2017 the commune had 90 inhabitants.
Population Over Time
Culture and heritageEdit
The commune has a number of buildings and sites that are registered as historical monuments:
- A Farmhouse (16th century) 
- A House (1807) 
- A Farmhouse (18th century) 
- A House (19th century) 
- A Blacksmith's House (1818) 
- A Fountain at Rue Landel (1822) 
- Houses and farmsn (17th-19th century) 
- A Fountain at la Dhuys (1822) 
The commune has several religious buildings and sites that are registered as historical monuments:
The Church contains a large number of items that are registered as historical objects. For a complete list including links to descriptions (in French) click here.
- "Répertoire national des élus: les maires". data.gouv.fr, Plateforme ouverte des données publiques françaises (in French). 2 December 2020. Retrieved 8 December 2020.
- "Populations légales 2017". INSEE. Retrieved 6 January 2020.
- Baulme-la-Roche on Lion1906
- Inhabitants of Côte-d'Or (in French)
- Baulme-la-Roche on Google Maps
- Baulme-la-Roche on the Géoportail from National Geographic Institute (IGN) website (in French)
- Beaume la Roche on the 1750 Cassini Map
- Beaume la Roche on the 1790 Cassini Map
- List of Mayors of France (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Mérimée IA00059737 Farmhouse (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Mérimée IA00059736 House (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Mérimée IA00059859 Farmhouse (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Mérimée IA00059740 House (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Mérimée IA00059742 Blacksmith's House (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Mérimée PA00112097 Fountain (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Mérimée IA00059858 Houses and farms (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Mérimée IA00059782 Fountain (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Mérimée IA00059782 PA21000008 Benedictine Priory (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Mérimée IA00059738 IA00059739 Parish Church of Saint Martin (in French)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Baulme-la-Roche.|