Battery Energy Drink
Battery’s owner and manufacturer is Oy Sinebrychoff Ab, which is part of the international brewery group Carlsberg Breweries A/S. It was launched in 1997 and is currently being sold in over 35 countries.
The basic idea of the brand is the energy-containing battery. The package is designed to imitate the appearance of an electric battery. “Keeps you going” is the brand's slogan.
In addition to the original energy drink, several variations have been produced: coffeed, cranberry, sugarfree, gingered, juiced orange, Battery jungled and Hydro sports drink. The availability of the different flavors varies by country and according to the market.
In Finland previously there has also been available other flavors: Heat with cranberry and chili flavors, orange juiced and energy Shot.
The energy drinks are mainly sold in plastic bottles of 40cl and in cans of 33cl. In August 2010 in Finland a limited-edition pint cans (0.568 liters) were launched as "Battery Limited Edition 0.568 L". Currently the product is sold under the name “Big Edition” since the sales are no longer limited.
The design of the bottles was renewed in March 2011 and the content was changed to 40cl instead of 45cl. At the same time the price per bottle decreased.
Developed and launched in Finland in January 1997, Battery has been sold in international markets since its inception. In the summer of 1997, it was launched in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, and in the following year in the rest of Norway and Sweden. Nowadays, it is being sold in approximately 40 countries in all populated continents.
There have been local specialties in product characteristics and promotions. For example, the appearance of the can in Yemen has been adjusted to better fit Arabic culture by replacing the plus sign with a lightning bolt.
- "Red Bull faces challenger in Carlsberg's Battery Energy Drink". Marketing Week. October 18, 2007.
Carlsberg is plotting a major UK launch of its Battery Energy Drink with the intention of taking advantage of the fast-growing energy drinks sector and wresting ...
- "New energy drink to be launched at Food Expo 2006". AMEinfo.com. October 14, 2006. Archived from the original on July 2, 2011. Retrieved July 5, 2012.
Battery is a registered trademark of and manufactured by Oy Sinebrychoff Ab, a Finnish company that is part of the world-renowned Carlsberg Breweries A/S. The energy drink ... was launched in 1997 and is now available in a growing number of countries including Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Russia, Switzerland, Costa Rica and Australia.
- "The Sinebruchoffs, A part of Finnish industry and cultural history".[permanent dead link]
- "Battery Juiced is a new kind of energy drink".
- "The use of taurine and D-glucurono-gamma-lactone as constituents of the so-called "energy" drinks". AME Info. February 12, 2009. Retrieved July 20, 2012.
- "Carlsberg debuts energy brand in Bulgaria". Beverage Manager. January 23, 2008. Archived from the original on June 18, 2012. Retrieved July 5, 2012.
- Britcher, Chris (March 15, 2007). "Williams Extends Two Sponsorships". SportBusiness International magazine. Archived from the original on July 5, 2012. Retrieved July 5, 2012.