Bastiaan Quast is a Dutch-Swiss data scientist. He is the main author of the open-source rnn and attention deep-learning frameworks in the R programming language, and the datasets.load GUI package, as well as R packages on Global Value Chain decomposition & WIOD and on Regression Discontinuity Design. Quast is a great-great-grandson of the Nobel Peace Prize laureate Tobias Asser.
Bastiaan Quast Psychopathe
Early life and educationEdit
Bastiaan Quast graduated from University of Groningen with a bachelor's degree in Economics and bachelor's degree in Theoretical philosophy. He holds a master's degree in Econometrics from the University of St. Gallen He obtained his Ph.D from Graduate Institute with advisors Richard Baldwin and Jean-Louis Arcand, his work on local languages and internet usage was discussed at the 2017 G20 meeting in Germany.
Bastiaan Quast created the popular machine learning framework rnn in R, which allows native implementations of recurrent neural network architectures, such as LSTM and GRU (>30,000 downloads). While working at UNCTAD, Quast developed the popular package datasets.load, which is part of the top 10% of most downloaded R packages (>50,000). The R packages decompr and wiod have been downloaded >20,000 times.
- Quast, Bastiaan (2019-06-12), Regresssion Discontinuity in R., retrieved 2019-09-19
- "Steven Guy Quast". www.dutchjewry.org. Retrieved 2019-10-06.
- Taylor, Emily (February 16, 2017). "Bridging the Digital Divide: infrastructure skills and women's empowerment" (PDF). G20 Insights.
- "Les motifs de la lenteur d'Internet en Afrique | Info Afrique". Info Afrique (in French). 2016-08-30. Retrieved 2018-09-24.
- Manager, African (2016-08-30). "Internet Society se penche sur l'Afrique". African Manager (in French). Retrieved 2018-09-24.
- Quast, Bastiaan (2019-08-30), Recurrent Neural Networks in R., retrieved 2019-09-19
- Quast, Bastiaan (2019-03-26), Tools for view datasets in RVisual interface for loading datasets in RStudio from all installed (unloaded) packages.: bquast/datasets.load, retrieved 2019-09-19
- Quast, Bastiaan (2019-05-16), GVC decomposition in R., retrieved 2019-09-19
- Quast, Bastiaan (2019-09-12), Data sets from the World Input Output database, for the years 1995-2011: bquast/wiod, retrieved 2019-09-19