Adhiban playing at the 2013 Chess World Cup
|Born||15 August 1992|
Mayiladuthurai, Tamil Nadu, India
|FIDE rating||2654 (February 2020) 2689|
|Peak rating||2701 (April 2019)|
|2010 Guangzhou||Men's Team|
In 2011, he won the Cultural Village tournament in Wijk aan Zee and thanks to this victory he qualified for the 2012 Tata Steel C tournament. In this latter event, he tied for 3rd–4th with Daan Brandenburg with a score of 8.5/13. In the Chess World Cup 2013, Adhiban caused an upset in the first two rounds, beating 2710-rated Russian GM Evgeny Alekseev in the first round, and Alexandr Fier in the second one.
In July 2014 he won the Masters open tournament of the Biel Chess Festival. In the following month, he contributed to India's bronze medal at the 41st Chess Olympiad in Tromsø scoring 7/11 on board four.
He was also a member of the winning team of the Spanish League 2015, Solvay, along with teammates Pentala Harikrishna, Surya Shekhar Ganguly, Aleksander Delchev, Sergio Cacho Reigadas, Jesus Maria De La Villa Garcia, and Elizbar Ubilava.
In January 2016, Adhiban won the 2016 Tata Steel Challengers Tournament in a 3-way tie. The co-leaders were GM Alexei Dreev and GM Eltaj Safarli, all of whom earned 9 points out of 13 (+6-1=6). Because Adhiban defeated them both, he had the better tiebreaks and was therefore awarded the spot in the next Tata Steel Masters tournament.
Despite being the lowest rated player at the 2017 Tata Steel Masters Tournament, he managed to finish third with a score of 7.5 points out of 13 (+4-2=7). He defeated Sergey Karjakin, Dmitry Andreikin, Richárd Rapport, and Radosław Wojtaszek.
- Grandmaster title application FIDE
- Begmatov, Jamshid (18 July 2007). "Asian Chess Championship for boys and girls". ChessBase. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "India win World Youth Chess Olympiad". 11 August 2007. Retrieved 7 March 2019.
- "India wins the Chess U16 Olympiad 2008 ahead of Russia". Chessdom. 25 August 2008. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- Doggers, Peter (8 December 2011). "Baskharan Adhiban wins Cultural Village, qualifies for Tata C". ChessVibes. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- Standings of grandmaster group C 2012, Tata Steel Chess
- "Adhiban wins Barcelona Sants Open". ChessVibes. 2 September 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2015.
- XV Open Internacional de Sants, Hostafrancs i la Bordeta - Grup A Chess-Results
- Sagar Shah (29 July 2014). "Adhiban dominates the Biel Masters". ChessBase News. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- 41st Olympiad Tromso 2014 Open Chess-Results
- Doggers, Peter (25 August 2015). "3 Indian GMs Help Solvay Win Spanish Team Championship". Chess.com. Retrieved 5 September 2015.
- Archiman Bhaduri (26 August 2015). "Indian GMs shine in Spanish League". The Times of India. Retrieved 5 September 2015.
- McGourty, Colin (13 September 2015). "Baku World Cup, 1.3: Gelfand & Kasimdzhanov out". chess24. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- Staff writer(s) (15 March 2018). "GAMMA Reykjavik Open 2018 - Bobby Fischer Memorial". Chess Results.
- Staff writer(s) (15 March 2018). "GAMMA Reykjavik Open 2018 - Bobby Fischer Memorial: Adhiban B." Chess Results.