This biography of a living person relies on a single source. (February 2016)
Bashir Ahmed (born 1941) is a former Pakistani sportsman belonging to East Pakistan (now Bangladesh).
|Born||1941 (age 81–82)|
|Alma mater||University of Dhaka|
Ahmed was born in Mahut-tuli area in Dhaka. He studied in Armanitola Government High School. After he enrolled in the University of Dhaka, he took part in hockey, football, athletics and cricket.
Ahmed served as the coach of the Bangladesh women's hockey team. He was an international hockey umpire and a referee in domestic football. He was also the chairman of Bangladesh Football Federation's Referees' Committee.
- Best Sportsperson Award by the East Pakistan Sports Press Association (1966)
- National Sports Award (1980)
- Grameenphone-Prothom Alo Lifetime Achievement Award
- Star Lifetime Award (2016)
- ^ a b c d "Bashir Ahmed". The Daily Star (Bangladesh). 5 February 2016. Retrieved 11 February 2016.