James Barry Knowles (born 25 April 1959) is an English former footballer who played as a full-back. He most notably played for Wigan Athletic between 1984 and 1988, and was part of the team that won the Football League Trophy in 1985.
|Full name||James Barry Knowles|
|Date of birth||25 April 1959|
|Place of birth||Wigan, England|
|Playing position||Left back|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Knowles started his career at Southport, making 15 league appearances for the club. He then moved on to Runcorn, winning the Northern Premier League with the club. He signed for Wigan from Barrow in October 1984. He was part of the team that won the Freight Rover Trophy in 1985.
- "Barry Knowles". Barry Hugman's Footballers. Retrieved 26 November 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 20 March 2012. Retrieved 2011-09-04.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 24 November 2009. Retrieved 4 September 2011.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "FREIGHT ROVER 85 WHERE ARE THEY NOW?". wiganathletic.com. 1 June 2013. Retrieved 5 June 2019.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 8 September 2012. Retrieved 2011-09-04.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "DSK Shivajians rope in Barry Knowles as assistant manager". Times of India. 1 August 2016. Retrieved 26 November 2017.