|Born||February 4, 1931|
|Died||October 20, 2011 (aged 80)|
Woodstock, New York, U.S.
(m. 1963; div. 1967)
(m. 1969; div. 1974)
In 1955 Feinstein was engaged as an assistant photographer at Life magazine. He subsequently became a sought-after photographer in Hollywood, where he worked with Marlene Dietrich, Judy Garland, Charlton Heston, Jayne Mansfield, and Steve McQueen. His photos of celebrities, as well such politicians as John F. Kennedy and Richard Nixon, appeared in national publications, including Time, Esquire, and Newsweek.
In the 1960s Feinstein became known for his photographs of the music scene. He accompanied Bob Dylan on his 1966 tour of England, and shot the cover photos of numerous albums by Janis Joplin, George Harrison, the Rolling Stones, and others. In 1974 he again toured with Dylan, this time with The Band, around the United States.
In 1963, Feinstein married Mary Travers, the singer-songwriter and member of the folk music group Peter, Paul and Mary, with whom he had a daughter, Alicia (born 1966). In 1967 Feinstein and Travers divorced. In 1969, he married actress Carol Wayne, with whom he had a son, Alex (b. 1970); he and Wayne divorced in 1974.
An accident in 1993 affected Feinstein's ability to operate cameras. In 2008 he published two books; the first included 23 of his early Hollywood photos together with Dylan poems written in 1964; and the second, a collection of photos from the Dylan concert tours. His photographs from the 1966 Dylan tour were exhibited in the National Portrait Gallery in London in 2009  and a retrospective exhibition of his work was shown at Fondazione Carispezia in Italy in 2019. 
Feinstein died on October 20, 2011, at the age of 80 in Woodstock, New York.
- "Barry Feinstein". Telegraph. 21 Oct 2011.
- McLellan, Dennis (October 21, 2011). "Barry Feinstein dies at 80; rock music photographer". Los Angeles Times.
- Vitello, Paul (October 21, 2011). "Barry Feinstein, Photographer of Defining Rock Portraits, Dies at 80". New York Times.
- Grimes, William (September 16, 2009). "Mary Travers of Peter, Paul and Mary Dies at 72". The New York Times. Retrieved September 17, 2009.
- "Carol Wayne, Sexy Blonde on Carson Show,Drowns". Los Angeles Times. January 14, 1985.
- "Carol Wayne". www.nndb.com.
- "Bob Dylan 1966 European Tour".
- "Mostra fotografica "BARRY FEINSTEIN. A Retrospective"". April 5, 2019.