Barranquilla Colombia Temple
The temple is in the metropolitan area of Barranquilla, in the oceanside community of Puerto Colombia across from Colegio Alemán, approximately two kilometers west of Barranquilla. A groundbreaking ceremony, to signify the beginning of construction, took place on 20 February 2016, with Juan A. Uceda presiding. A public open house was held from November 3 through November 24, 2018, excluding Sundays. The temple was dedicated by Dallin H. Oaks on December 9, 2018.
|Barranquilla Colombia Temple|
|Dedicated||9 December 2018 by |
Dallin H. Oaks
|Floor area||24,000 sq ft (2,200 m2)|
|Height||107 ft (33 m)|
|Preceded by||Concepción Chile Temple|
|Official website • News & images|
Coordinates: The Barranquilla Colombia Temple is a temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) in Puerto Colombia, Colombia. The intent to construct the temple was announced by church president Thomas S. Monson on October 1, 2011. The temple was announced concurrently with the Durban South Africa, Kinshasa Democratic Republic of the Congo, Star Valley Wyoming, and Provo City Center temples. When announced, this increased the total number of temples worldwide to 166 and, along with the temple in Bogotá, is the second in Colombia.
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by geographic region
- Comparison of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Temple architecture (Latter-day Saints)
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Colombia
- "Barranquilla Colombia Temple Is Dedicated: 161st temple in the world", Newsroom, LDS Church, 2018-12-09
- "Ground Broken for Second Colombia Temple", Newsroom, LDS Church, 2016-02-20
- Walker, Joseph (1 October 2011). "LDS general conference opens with the announcement of six new Mormon temples". Deseret News. Salt Lake City. Retrieved 1 October 2011..
- "Mormon church president announces plans for new temples in Utah, Wyoming, Colombia, Africa". Washington Post. AP. 1 October 2011. Retrieved 5 October 2011..
- "Second Colombian Temple Opens for Free Public Tours", Newsroom, LDS Church, 2018-10-30
- "Announcement of Temple Dedication Dates in Chile and Colombia: Second temple in both countries", Newsroom, LDS Church, 2018-02-28
|This article related to the Latter Day Saint movement is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|