|Barossa District Council|
Location of the Barossa Council in blue
|Population||23,558 (2016 census)|
|• Density||25.831/km2 (66.90/sq mi)|
|Area||912 km2 (352.1 sq mi)|
|Mayor||Michael "Bim" Lange |
|Region||Barossa Light and Lower North|
|Website||Barossa District Council|
It was proclaimed on 1 July 1996 following the amalgamation of the District Council of Angaston, the District Council of Barossa and the District Council of Tanunda. It also gained a portion of the former District Council of Mount Pleasant on 1 July 1997.
Townships in the council area include
- Brian Hurn - 1996-2014
- Bob Sloane - 2014-2018
- Michael "Bim" Lange - 2018 - present
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Barossa (DC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 29 November 2017.
- "Your Elected Members". Barossa Council. Retrieved 30 April 2019.
- "Barossa, Light and Lower North SA Government region" (PDF). The Government of South Australia. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- "About Council Fact Sheet" (PDF). Barossa Council. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
|This Australian government-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|