Line 5, currently known as Cornellà Centre – Vall d'Hebron, its termini, and often called "Línia Blava" (Blue line), is a rapid transit metro line belonging to the Barcelona Metro network operated by TMB, and part of the ATM fare-integrated transport network.
|Barcelona Metro line 5|
|Service type||Rapid transit|
|Distance travelled||18.8 km (11.7 mi)|
|Average journey time||30 minutes|
|Rolling stock||5000 series|
Can Boixeres, Vilapicina, Sant Genís depots
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8+1⁄2 in) standard gauge|
|Electrification||1,200 V DC rigid overhead wire|
- 1959 – Sagrera-Vilapicina section opened (as the former L2)
- 1967 – Vilapicina-Horta section opened (as the former L2)
- 1969 – Collblanc-Diagonal/Provença section opened.
- 1970 – Diagonal/Provença-Sagrera-Vilapicina section opened. The line then known as L2 integrated into L5.
- 1973 – Collblanc-Pubilla Cases section opened.
- 1976 – Pubilla Cases-Sant Ildefons section opened.
- 1983 – Sant Ildefons-Cornellà section opened.
- 2010 – Horta-Vall d'Hebron section opened.
- 2021 – Ernest Lluch station opened.
Current stations Edit
- Official site for Transports Metropolitans de Barcelona
- Catalan Wikipedia article on the metro network