Bara, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
Logo of Bara Khyber
|Time zone||UTC+5 (PST)|
Bara is also the name of the local administrative division of Bara Tehsil in the Khyber Agency within the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa of Pakistan, of which Bara Town is the administrative seat. The Bara River flows through the town. The town has a fort built by British Raj and supplied water to Peshawar. The town is ethnically Pashtuns, and has been the site of increasing militancy by Lashkar-e-Islam against the central government.
The approximate location is 33° 55′ N latitude, 71° 27′ longitude. The mud fort is visible on Google Earth at 33° 54' 53" by 71° 28' 05", lying alongside a water tank and the Bara River which eventually flows to the East of Peshawar.
- Javed Afridi, Pakistani Business executive and entrepreneur best known as the CEO of Haier Pakistan.
- Shahid Afridi, Pakistani international cricketer and the former captain of the Pakistan national cricket team.
- Ayub Afridi (drug lord), Pakistani politician and drug smuggler.
- Ayub Afridi (politician), Pakistani politician who has been a Member of the Senate of Pakistan since March 2018.
- Shams Afridi, Finance Manager at Peshawar Zalmi & Haier Pakistan.
- John Murray (Firm); Eastwick, E.B. (1883). Handbook of the Punjab, Western Rajputana, Kashmir, and Upper Sindh. J. Murray. p. 278. Retrieved 2014-11-16.
- "10 killed in Pakistan as teen bomber blows himself - Thaindian News". thaindian.com. Retrieved 2014-11-16.
- http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page%3D2008. Retrieved September 23, 2012. Missing or empty
- "Bara Tehsil Map | Pakistan Google Satellite Maps". maplandia.com. Retrieved 2014-11-16.
|This Khyber Pakhtunkhwa location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|