Baptist Memorial Hospital-Memphis (formerly known as Baptist East) is a 706-bed medical facility in Memphis, Tennessee. This hospital, built in 1979, is now the flagship of Baptist Memorial Health Care since the closure of the Madison Campus in the Medical District, Memphis in 2000, which dated from 1912. Baptist Memorial Healthcare operates 14 Hospitals and numerous clinics in the three states surrounding the Memphis area. The former Madison Campus has been redeveloped by the University of Tennessee Health Science Center.
|Baptist Memorial Hospital-Memphis|
|Baptist Memorial Health Care|
|Location||Memphis, Tennessee, United States|
|Care system||Medicare (US), Medicaid|
|Lists||Hospitals in Tennessee|
The hospital has full emergency room services.
Baptist Memorial Healthcare operates a college Baptist College of Health Sciences centered on Health Professions nearby the site of the former Madison Campus. The school offers bachelor's degrees in Health care management, Nursing, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Radiography, Respiratory Care, and Sonography.
A $7.54 million CyberKnife surgery suite proposal has been filed with the Tennessee Health Services Development Agency. The CyberKnife Robotic Radiosurgery System is knife-and-scalpel-free, and uses beams of high-dose radiation to remove tumors anywhere in the body.
- "Baptist Memorial Hospital-Memphis". Baptist Memorial Health Care. Archived from the original on 27 May 2007. Retrieved 2007-07-02.
- "Centennial Baptist - Baptist's Downtown Building Demolished". Baptist100.org. Retrieved 2012-05-12.
- "Baptist Memorial Health Care : Locations". Baptistonline.org. Retrieved 2013-10-26.
- "Centennial Baptist - Moments List". Baptist100.org. Retrieved 2012-05-12.
- "Baptist Memphis: Our Medical Services". BaptistOnline.org. Retrieved 2014-11-18.]
- "History of Baptist College of Health Sciences | Baptist College of Health Sciences". Bchs.edu. Archived from the original on 2012-01-03. Retrieved 2012-05-12.
- "BCHS Academic Divisions and Degree Programs | Baptist College of Health Sciences". Bchs.edu. Retrieved 2012-05-12.
- Sells, Toby. "Baptist Memorial Hospital in Memphis seeks cutting edge with new CyberKnife". The Commercial Appeal. Retrieved 2012-05-12.