|Coordinates (Baoshan government): Coordinates:|
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||424.58 km2 (163.93 sq mi)|
|• Density||6,000/km2 (16,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
The Wisdom Bay Industrial Park has the world's largest concrete 3D printed pedestrian bridge.
The main campus of Shanghai University is located in Baoshan District. One of several schools in the district, Xing Zhi Middle School was founded by the famous educationalist from Nanjing, Tao Xingzhi. Shanghai Xingzhi High School and the High School Affiliated to Shanghai University are also located in the district.
Baoshan District is served by the Shanghai Metro. There are 4 lines from Baoshan to central Shanghai—Line 1, Line 3, Line 7, and Line 15 —which operate as subways and elevated rail in different parts of the district. The 952B rapid bus runs from the district to People's Square in central Shanghai, being one of the many buses that link the district to central Shanghai.
The district is home to Baosteel Group's original factory, still a major producer of iron and steel. Rovio Entertainment has its China offices in Baoshan District. The Shidongkou Power Station (石洞口发电厂) is located along the Yangtze.
|Name||Chinese (S)||Hanyu Pinyin||Shanghainese Romanization||Population (2010)||Area (km2)|
|Youyi Road Subdistrict||友谊路街道||Yǒuyìlù Jiēdào||yoe gnij lu ka do||136,814||10.45|
|Wusong Subdistrict||吴淞街道||Wúsōng Jiēdào||wu son ka do||104,162||7.52|
|Zhangmiao Subdistrict||张庙街道||Zhāngmiào Jiēdào||tzan mio ka do||172,284||5.19|
|Luodian town||罗店镇||Luōdiàn Zhèn||lu ti tzen||118,323||44.19|
|Dachang town||大场镇||Dàchǎng Zhèn||da dzan tzen||371,856||27.22|
|Yanghang town||杨行镇||Yángxíng Zhèn||yan raon tzen||204,564||37.91|
|Yuepu town||月浦镇||Yuèpǔ Zhèn||yuq phu tzen||139,328||47.34|
|Luojing town||罗泾镇||Luōjīng Zhèn||lu cin tzen||54,329||47.68|
|Gucun town||顾村镇||Gùcūn Zhèn||ku tsen tzen||240,185||41.66|
|Gaojing town||高境镇||Gāojìng Zhèn||ko cin tzen||127,512||11.23|
|Miaohang town||庙行镇||Miàoxíng Zhèn||mio raon tzen||89,615||5.96|
|Songnan town||淞南镇||Sōngnán Zhèn||son neu tzen||127,347||13.65|
|Baoshan City Industrial Park||宝山城市工业园区||Bǎoshān Chéngshì Gōngyè Yuánqū||po se zen zy kon gniq yeu chiu||18,567||4.35|
Baoshan is currently served by four metro lines operated by Shanghai Metro:
- Line 1 - Tonghe Xincun, Hulan Road, Gongfu Xincun, Bao'an Highway, West Youyi Road, Fujin Road
- Line 3 - West Yingao Road, South Changjiang Road , Songfa Road, Zhanghuabang, Songbin Road, Shuichan Road, Baoyang Road, Youyi Road, Tieli Road, North Jiangyang Road
- Line 7 - Meilan Lake, Luonan Xincun, Panguang Road, Liuhang, Gucun Park, Qihua Road, Shanghai University, Nanchen Road, Shangda Road, Changzhong Road, Dachang Town, Xingzhi Road, Dahuasan Road
- Line 18 - South Changjiang Road , Yingao Road
- Sun, Lianggang. "Shanghai 1937 – Where World War II Began". 上海1937–第二次世界大战开始的地方. Retrieved 2020-11-21.
- Dixon, Emily (2019-01-24). "The world's longest 3D-printed concrete bridge is finished". CNN Style. Retrieved 2019-01-24.
- Rovio China Archived November 12, 2012, at the Wayback Machine. Accessed 10 Nov 2012.
- Census Office of the State Council of the People's Republic of China; Population and Employment Statistics Division of the National Bureau of Statistics of the People's Republic of China (2012). 中国2010人口普查分乡、镇、街道资料 (1 ed.). Beijing: China Statistics Print. ISBN 978-7-5037-6660-2.
- "Baoshan District". Encyclopedia of Shanghai. Shanghai People's Government. 2010. Archived from the original on 2013-03-02.