Banksia Grove, Western Australia
Banksia Grove is a suburb of Perth, Western Australia, located within the City of Wanneroo. Its postcode is 6031, and it was until the late 1990s part of Neerabup. The suburb is approximately 27 km to Perth CBD, 9 km from the coast and 5 km from Joondalup CBD.
Perth, Western Australia
|Population||9,350 (2016 census)|
|• Density||1,833/km2 (4,750/sq mi)|
|Area||5.1 km2 (2.0 sq mi)|
|Location||27 km (17 mi) N of Perth CBD|
|LGA(s)||City of Wanneroo|
In 2005, the Banksia Grove Joint Venture partnership was established to revive and develop the suburb. The $2 billion project will create a further 3500 home sites to complement the existing 650 developed prior to 2005. In total over 12,000 residents will call Banksia Grove home by the project's completion in 2020. The new community contains a diverse range of housing types to suit residents in differing life stages and backgrounds.
Major facilities for the area include:
- The Banksia Grove District Shopping Centre of which Stage 1 is completed
- An Education Precinct including the new Joseph Banks Secondary College, shared playing fields and a planned primary school
- A 42 hectare bush forever zone with native retained bushland
- Over 30 hectares of parkland including Discovery Park which contains a living stream water feature, amphitheatre and Pitstop Park adventure playground
Banksia Grove had a population of 4,718 at the 2011 census, 1,940 at the 2006 census, and 1,136 at the 2001 census.
Banksia Grove Village being the first stage of the Banksia Grove District Centre is complete and contains a Coles Supermarket, Service Station, several fast food outlets, a cafe and other small retails outlets. Both a Woolworths and Aldi supermarket are now open for trading, several other outlets, chemists, hairdresser, fast foods and a proposed coffee shop to open mid-year in the District Centre.
The suburb currently has two primary schools and one high school:
- Banksia Grove Primary School (formally Neerabup Primary School)
- St John Paul ll Catholic Primary School (formally Banksia Grove Catholic Primary School)
- Joseph Banks Secondary College
Spring in the Grove is Banksia Grove's major community festival and is held on the first Sunday in November every year. The event is supported by the City of Wanneroo and the Banksia Grove Partnership. The highly successful event is organized and run by volunteers through the Spring in the Grove Committee and held at the Joseph Banks Secondary College grounds.
- 390 Joondalup - Neerabup
- 391 Joondalup - Neerabup
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Banksia Grove (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 14 January 2018.