Bank is a 2009 multilingual heist film directed by Arun Kumar. Titled Bank in Telugu and Hindi, it is known as Vangi in Tamil. The film features Jackie Shroff, Raghuvaran, Rahul Dev, Abbas and Veda in the leading roles. The Telugu version of the film was released on 30 January 2009.
|Directed by||Arun Kumar|
|Produced by||Arun Kumar|
|Written by||Shivgopal Krishna|
|Music by||Chinni Charan|
|Edited by||Ramgopal Reddy|
|30 January 2009|
Arun Kumar revealed that he initially only wanted to produce the film but felt that only he could envision the tale correctly, and subsequently chose to direct the venture himself. While producing the film through his newly launched Arun Entertainments banner, he also set up his own music company, Arun Music, and introduced newcomer Chinni Charan to be the composer and lyricist. The director recruited an ensemble cast of Jackie Shroff, Raghuvaran, Rahul Dev, Abbas and Veda to feature in the lead roles. Shroff noted that Arun Kumar did not know how to speak English when he met him for the script narration, but was convinced to sign the film owing to the director's enthusiasm. The film was shot in three languages, with the same actors appearing in the Tamil, Telugu and Hindi versions. Model Sreedhar Rao appeared in a guest role and a song in the film.
Production began during January 2007 and the film was mostly shot in Hyderabad and Mehaboob Studios in Mumbai. An audio soundtrack release event was held in Hyderabad during November 2007. The event was presided over by the Telugu Film Producers' Council President Tammareddy Bharadwaja.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2018)
The Telugu version of the film had a theatrical release on 30 January 2009. A critic from The Times of India gave the film one star out of five, and noted "it remains a big question, how talented actors like Jackie Shroff and Raghuvaran could agree to do this lackluster film". The reviewer addded "on the face of it, a plot on bank robbery promises to be a nail-biting thriller but the shoddy screenplay makes it a bad show". A critic from TMDB stated "the film fell flat on its face solely due to the poor logic and the absolutely bizarre aspects of the story", adding that "while the first half goes about sketching the loot plan and the aftermath, the second half goes on with the torture done to the inmates of the house and also to the audience". A reviewer from GreatAndhra.com wrote "this erratic story line tests the patience of audiences", and that "it's almost made like a child-play but not as suspense thriller", adding that "there are many blunders in the movie that made people laugh".
- "Jackie Shroff released `Bank`audio". sify.com. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Jackie Shroff starrer ready | Hindi Movie News". Times of India. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "`Pretenders can't be superstars' - HYDB". The Hindu. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Welcome change? - CHEN". The Hindu. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Reviews". greatandhra.com. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Tamil movies". behindwoods.com. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Bank Movie Review, Trailer, & Show timings at Times of India". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Amazon.com: Vangi: Jackie Shroff, Raghuvaran, Rahul Dev, Abbas". amazon.com. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Bank Hindi Movie,Bank Bollywood Movie Review,Story,Wiki,Release Date,Bank 2016". FilmiBeat. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Jackie Shroff returns to loot a BANK - bollywood news : glamsham.com". glamsham.com. Retrieved 8 February 2018.