Bangladesh Standards and Testing Institution
Bangladesh Standards and Testing Institution (BSTI) is a government agency under the Ministry of Industries constituted for the purpose of controlling the standard of service and quality of the goods.
|Secretary||Md. Abdul Halim (since 2018)|
|Owner||Ministry of Industries|
|Address||116/A, Tejgaon Industrial Area|
Bangladesh Standards and Testing Institution was established in 1971 after the liberation war as a National Standards body of the country. In 1974, the institution so formed has become member of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). The institution comes into being through an Ordinance (Ordinance XXXVII of 1985) with the merger of Bangladesh Standards Institution and the Central Testing Laboratories in 1985. The institution playing an important role in developing and promoting industrial standardization al over the country. BSTI is headed by a Director General.
In 1995 Department of Agricultural Grading and Marking marred with BSTI.
BSTI is member of following organisation:
- International Organization of Legal Metrology (OIML)
- Codex Alimentarius Commission (CAC)
- International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC)
- Asia Pacific Metrology Programme (APMP)
- Asian Forum for Information Technology (AFIT)
- ISO Information Network (ISO NET)
- Standing Group for Standardization, Metrology, Testing and Quality
- Hasinur Rahman (2012). "Bangladesh Standards and Testing Institution". In Islam, Sirajul; Miah, Sajahan; Khanam, Mahfuza; Ahmed, Sabbir (eds.). Banglapedia: the National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Online ed.). Dhaka, Bangladesh: Banglapedia Trust, Asiatic Society of Bangladesh. ISBN 984-32-0576-6. OCLC 52727562. Retrieved 18 January 2020.
- "Bangladesh (BSTI)". iso.org. ISO. Retrieved 9 December 2015.
- "The Bangladesh Standards and Testing Institution Ordinance, 1985". bdlaws.minlaw.gov.bd. Legislative and Parliamentary Affairs Division. 1985. Retrieved 9 December 2015.
- "BSTI". bsti.gov.bd. BSTI. Archived from the original on 20 December 2014. Retrieved 9 December 2015.