Bangladesh Police Football Club (also known as Bangladesh Police Athletic Club) is an association football team based in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The club was founded by Bangladesh Police. The services team had previously played in the Senior Division Football League in 1998 – then the second tier of football. In recent times, Police FC became champions of the Second Division Football League in 2014 to get promotions to the First Division before making their debut in the Bangladesh Championship League in 2015. Police FC gained the promotion to Bangladesh Premier League for the very first time in the club's history by becoming champion of the 2018-19 Bangladesh Championship League.
|Full name||Bangladesh Police Football Club|
|Ground||Bangabandhu National Stadium|
|Head Coach||Aristică Cioabă|
|League||Bangladesh Premier League|
|2019–20||BPL, 9th of 13|
|2015–16||BCL||4/8||After being champion in the Second Division League in 2014, the police team applied to play in the Bangladesh Championship League. On 14 October 2015, the club registered to play in BCL. They finished fourth in their first season at BCL.|
|2016||4/8||Like the first season, the second season, they finished the league in fourth place.|
|2017||7/10||The club finished their worst season by finishing seventh in this edition.|
|Police FC got promoted to the Bangladesh Premier League from the Bangladesh Championship League with three games still remaining to the end of the season. This is the first time, the club has returned to the top-tier league after 2002. Forward Amirul Islam of the club was the highest scorer in the league with 18 goals.|
Nicolas Vitorović eraEdit
On 4 August 2019, Police FC appointed Cypriot Nicolas Vitorović as their first-ever foreign head coach for the upcoming season. On 31 December 2019, Bangladesh Police Football Club reached the semi-final of the Federation Cup for the first time, after beating a shaky Saif Sporting Club 3–1 in the third quarter-final.
|2015–16||Popular Life Insurance Limited|
Bangladesh Police FC squad for 2021–22 season.
- As of 25 December 2021
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
Current technical staffEdit
- As of 17 October 2021
|Head Coach||Aristică Cioabă|
|Assistant Coach|| Mahbubul Haque Jewel|
Shamim Al Mamun
|Goalkeeping Coach||Sha Alam Tutul|
|Fitness Coach||Ashraful Islam|
|Manager||Sheikh Maruf Hasan|
Head coach's recordEdit
- As of 28 December 2021
|S. M. Asifuzzaman||February 2019||May 2019||20||11||6||3||31||13||55.00|
|Nicolas Vitorović||4 August 2019||31 August 2020||9||3||2||4||10||16||33.33|
|Pakir Ali||October 2020||August 2021||26||6||8||12||28||42||23.08|
|Aristică Cioabă||October 2021||Present||7||1||3||3||5||8||14.29|
P – Total of played matches
W – Won matches
D – Drawn matches
L – Lost matches
GS – Goal scored
GA – Goals against
%W – Percentage of matches won
On 24 May 2019, The police constable, Shamim, assaulted BFF's competition manager Zaber Bin Ansari after being denied entry into the ground during that match against Feni Soccer Club. Later, four more players joined him in the assault, just after the completion of the prize-giving ceremony at the Bangabandhu National Stadium. All four police players – Amirul Islam, Tarek Aziz, Azmi Omar, and Sarwar Hossain – have been given Tk one lakh fine for their involvement. Islam and Aziz have been suspended for two matches while Omar and Hossain have been handed nine-match bans each. Physiotherapist of the team, Santanu Mallik, too, has been banned for nine matches and fined Tk 2 lakh.
Had international caps for their respective countries whilst playing for Bangladesh Police FC.
- Amredin Sharifi (2021–)
- "Bangladesh Police FC". Soccerway.
- প্রথম বিভাগে উত্তীর্ণ হলো পুলিশ অ্যাথলেটিক্স. Risingbd.com (in Bengali).
- "Police take Championship League crown". The Daily Star. 21 May 2019. Retrieved 27 May 2019.
- পেশাদার ফুটবল লীগে পুলিশ. Jugantor (in Bengali). Retrieved 30 May 2019.
- "Police FC promoted to BPL". Dhaka Tribune.
- প্রিমিয়ার লিগ ফুটবলে জায়গা করে নিল পুলিশ ফুটবল ক্লাব, Jamuna TV (in Bengali), 15 May 2019, retrieved 1 June 2019
- আবারও ফুটবলের সর্বোচ্চ পর্যায়ে পুলিশ. Prothom Alo (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 May 2019.
- "Police secure BPL promotion". The Daily Star. 16 May 2019. Retrieved 16 May 2019.
- "Bangladesh Police lift BCL trophy, Uttar Baridhara runners up". BFF (in American English). Archived from the original on 28 May 2019. Retrieved 26 May 2019.
- "BCL Football league final: Police FC beat Feni Soccer Club by 5-1 goals". The Independent. Dhaka. Retrieved 27 May 2019.
- Hoque, Shishir (31 December 2019). "Police reach Fed Cup semis for first time". Dhaka Tribune.
- "Popular Life Insurance sponsors Bangladesh Police Football Team". Daily Sun. Retrieved 27 May 2019.
- পুলিশ ফুটবল দল স্পন্সর পেল. Jugantor (in Bengali). Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- "Popular boost for Police AC". The Daily Star.
- বাংলাদেশ পুলিশ ফুটবল ক্লাবের স্পন্সর রানার গ্রুপ. dmpnews.org (in Bengali). Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- সাইপ্রাসের ফুটবল কোচ নিয়োগ দিয়েছে পুলিশ. Prothom Alo (in Bengali). 4 August 2019. Retrieved 19 December 2019.
- Independent Television (24 May 2019), মাঠে ঢোকা নিয়ে পুলিশ-বাফুফে কর্মকর্তাদের মারপিট, আহত ৫ ।। BFF-Police (in Bengali), retrieved 1 June 2019
- "BFF fines Police; bans four players". The Daily Star. 28 May 2019. Retrieved 27 May 2019.
- "Police FC penalized for breaching code of conduct". BFF (in American English). Archived from the original on 30 May 2019. Retrieved 30 May 2019.