National Film Awards (Bangladesh)
The National Film Awards (Bengali: জাতীয় চলচ্চিত্র পুরস্কার) is an annual awards ceremony held annually in Dhaka, Bangladesh. It is considered to be the most prominent film award ceremony in Bangladesh. The National Film Awards were established in 1975 by the government of Bangladesh. Every year, a national panel appointed by the government selects the winning entries.
|National Film Awards|
|Current: 43rd Bangladesh National Film Awards|
National Film Awards logo
|Awarded for||Excellence in cinematic achievements for Bangladeshi cinema|
|Sponsored by||Government of Bangladesh|
|Presented by||Ministry of Information|
The National Film Awards were first presented in 1975. The government of Bangladesh offers the National Film Awards to the films and individuals for notable contributions to the art of cinema. Beginning in 1975, The National Film Awards is an event that takes place annually that includes colorful programs, dance, and music. The awards are the only film awards awarded by the government of Bangladesh.
No awards were given in 1981 because the panel determined that no film was competent enough to receive an award.
Juries and rulesEdit
The juries are appointed by the Bangladesh Film Censor Board, a department under the Ministry of Information of the government of Bangladesh. The board members are chosen from a variety of professions; it has previously included social workers, government officers, educators, journalists, filmmakers, film producers, actors, and poets. The board also provides secretarial assistance and manages screenings of films submitted for the National Film Award. It is also responsible for screening of films examined by the Appellate Committee.
Every award winner receives a trophy in addition to cash and a certificate. The Lifetime Achievement Award was first introduced in 2009.
Lifetime Achievement AwardEdit
- Best Film
- Best Short Film
- Best Director
- Best Actor
- Best Actress
- Best Supporting Actor
- Best Supporting Actress
- Best Performance in a Negative Role
- Best Performance in a Comic Role
- Best Child Artist
- Best Music Director
- Best Music Composer
- Best Male Playback Singer
- Best Female Playback Singer
- Best Choreography
- Best Lyrics
- Special Jury Award
- Best Feature Film
Awards by decadeEdit
- National Film Awards (1975–1980): 1975 (1st) • 1976 (2nd) • 1977 (3rd) • 1978 (4th) • 1979 (5th) • 1980 (6th)
- National Film Awards (1982–1990): 1982 (7th) • 1983 (8th) • 1984 (9th) • 1985 (10th) • 1986 (11th) • 1987 (12th) • 1988 (13th) • 1989 (14th) • 1990 (15th)
- National Film Awards (1991–2000): 1991 (16th) • 1992 (17th) • 1993 (18th) • 1994 (19th) • 1995 (20th) • 1996 (21st) • 1997 (22nd) • 1998 (23rd) • 1999 (24th) • 2000 (25th)
- National Film Awards (2001–2010): 2001 (26th) • 2002 (27th) • 2003 (28th) • 2004 (29th) • 2005 (30th) • 2006 (31st) • 2007 (32nd) • 2008 (33rd) • 2009 (34th) • 2010 (35th)
- National Film Awards (2011–2020): 2011 (36th) • 2012 (37th) • 2013 (38th) • 2014 (39th) • 2015 (40th) • 2016 (41st) • 2017 (42nd) • 2018 (43rd)
- "National Film Award celebrates Bangladeshi film history". Dhaka Tribune. 12 May 2012.
- Shaon, Rashed. চার দশকে আমাদের সেরা চলচ্চিত্রগুলো. bdnews24 (in Bengali). Dhaka, Bangladesh. Archived from the original on 28 December 2012. Retrieved 4 November 2012.
- "Film, Feature". banglapedia.org.
- "Bangladesh Film Censor Board". bfcb.gov.bd.