Bang Bang! is a 2014 Indian action comedy film, directed by Siddharth Anand, written by Abbas Tyrewala and Sujoy Ghosh, and produced by Fox Star Studios. The film is an official remake of the 2010 Hollywood film Knight and Day, and featuresHrithik Roshan and Katrina Kaif, in the lead roles performed by Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz, respectively, in the original. The main antagonist of the film is Danny Denzongpa. The film was distributed and marketed by Fox Star Studios in collaboration with Fox International Productions worldwide.
|Directed by||Siddharth Anand|
|Produced by||Fox Star Studios|
|Written by||Abbas Tyrewala(Dialogue)|
|Screenplay by||Sujoy Ghosh|
|Story by||Patrick O'Neill|
|Based on||Knight and Day|
by James Mangold
|Music by||Original Songs:|
|Edited by||Akiv Ali|
|Distributed by||Fox Star Studios|
|Budget||est. ₹160 crore ($26 million)|
|Box office||est. ₹340 crore ($56 million)|
This article's plot summary may be too long or excessively detailed. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Somewhere in London, Colonel Viren Nanda (Jimmy Sheirgill) goes to meet a wanted terrorist Omar Zafar (Danny Denzongpa) in his holding cell. As Viren informs Zafar that he will be extradited back to India for his crimes, Zafar's men enter his holding cell, led by Hamid Gul (Jaaved Jaffrey), killing all guards around them, with Zafar then killing Viren by shooting him and then burning him. As Zafar escapes in a helicopter waiting on the roof, he puts a $5 million reward for someone to steal the Koh-i-Noor diamond from the Tower of London, but with one condition – the thief must be Indian, to hold up a new extradition treaty between India and UK. Soon after, a man named Rajveer Nanda (Hrithik Roshan) steals it, and when Zafar's men, led by Shoaib Hakhsar (Ankur Vikal) are informed of the theft, they travel to Rajveer for the deal. Although they initially travel with the $5 million reward, Rajveer informs them that he now wants $20 million for the deal. Following the disdain of the comment made by Rajveer, a fight breaks out between Rajveer and Zafar's men after which Rajveer flies away. After Rajveer escapes, a CCTV footage of him is captured, showing that he is in Shimla. Following an escape, he sees a young lady, Harleen Sahni (Katrina Kaif) sitting in a restaurant, who is there waiting for her internet date, "Vickie Kapoor", to show up. Rajveer enters the restaurant posing as "Vickie" and woos her over. He convinces Harleen to use the bathroom and while she is in there, Rajveer fights the remaining men who came searching for him and leaves the restaurant, much to the dismay of Harleen. As she drives home, Harleen accidentally runs over Rajveer, who asks her to stitch up a gunshot wound sustained during the fight. Rajveer then gives Harleen drugged water, with her complying with what he says about a few government officials, informing her about where to find guns underneath some car seat and what they will say about him.
The next day indeed, some government officials led by Zorawar Kalra (Pawan Malhotra) visit Harleen at her bank and threaten her to come with them. They tell her that if she does not accompany them, then they will reveal everything to her colleagues. Harleen decides to go with them to the police station. In the car, Zorawar tells her that they are not going to the station but they are taking her to a safe place instead. Harleen remembers about the gun that Rajveer had told her of. She engages the other official in small talk and finds the gun. She threatens both the officers to stop the car and let her go. At the same time, Rajveer appears on a bike and a chase sequence ensues. Both Rajveer and Harleen find a car and escape. When Rajveer goes out to shoot the goons, Harleen escapes and then bumps into her boss, Karan. She tells him about Rajveer and how random people are firing at her. Rajveer follows her. Karan tries to protect Harleen from Rajveer. He annoys Rajveer and gets shot by him in the leg. Harleen is exasperated but leaves with Rajveer again lest he shoots any more people.
In the car, Harleen and Rajveer get into an argument. Harleen states that she wants to go home and that she had made a huge mistake by trusting him. Rajveer angrily decides to let Harleen go and hands over the car keys to her. He tells her that he has no other motive than protecting her. She feels guilty and decides to stick to him. They begin to drive again in silence. Rajveer checks a location on his phone which Harleen notices. He then tells her that he has not killed an innocent person before this and does not want her to die. He tries to convince her to come with him for dinner.
They go to Pizza Hut where Rajveer realises that he has no money to buy food. They get into an argument about it. He teases Harleen about her internet dating and she slaps him. He threatens to shoot the server and she eventually pays for the pizza. Harleen asks him about the crime that he has committed and Rajveer shows her the Koh-i-Noor much to her surprise. She has a hard time believing that he is indeed a thief. As she comes to know about Rajveer, they realise that they were followed by Zorawar who says he has the restaurant surrounded with his men and will not be afraid to shoot Rajveer if needed to. As the officials convince Harleen to go with them, Rajveer tells Harleen that he cannot let her go with them. He shoots her with a tranquilizer dart and they both jump out of a window and escape.
Harleen slips in and out of consciousness as Rajveer continues to take her to safety. She wakes up in a beach shack wearing a bikini top and shorts. She angrily asks Rajveer as to who changed her clothes and he confesses that he did it. She is angry beyond words. She beats him and bites his hand. Harleen then takes Rajveer's phone to call her grandmother, unbeknownst to her it allows the government officials to track their position. After a shootout occurs between Rajveer and the government officials, he escapes with Harleen with a help of a sea bob and a fly board.
Harleen wakes up the next morning in Prague. As Rajveer was able to successfully lead the escape of them both, Harleen now entrusts Rajveer, subsequently falling in love with him. When Rajveer goes out of his hotel with Harleen, he sees that they are wanted by Interpol. Some policemen come at the moment and, in the process of concealing their faces, Rajveer and Harleen end up sharing a passionate kiss. Rajveer tracks Hamid Gul at a casino. Although he was to go alone, Harleen insists to take her along, to which he agrees. Staging a ploy for Gul's attention, Harleen and Gul meet in the hallway, where he tells her that a romantic candlelit champagne drink is waiting for her on the roof of the casino. Following this, Rajveer visits Gul at the top of the casino, and a fight ensues regarding the whereabouts of Zafar and he ultimately kills Gul. In the meantime, Harleen spots Zorawar and is taken to the Indian Embassy in Prague, where Zorawar says that Rajveer actually came to Prague to find Gul, and gives her a tracking device. Harleen is asked to get the Koh-i-Noor back. That night, Rajveer picks up Harleen at the entrance of a hotel where they had been saying, and they begin walking through a bridge, where Harleen says that the trust between them is broken, and that she knows about Gul's murder. Rajveer activates the tracking device himself, allowing the officials to surround them. Rajveer gives the Koh-i-Noor to Harleen and jumps from the bridge, but is shot, and is assumed dead.
Harleen then returns home and remembers the address location that Rajveer was viewing on his phone. At the address, she meets Rajveer's father Pankaj (Kanwaljit Singh) and his mother Shikha (Deepti Naval). At the house, Harleen sees photos of Rajveer and Viren, who are later revealed to be brothers and Shikha reveals their back stories. Although it is confirmed that Viren was murdered, Pankaj says that he does not believe in the story the army told him, saying that Jaiwant "Jai" Nanda, Viren's brother, who is disguised as Rajveer, had drowned despite being a swimming champion in his youth, as he was the only student who was able to cross the lake in only one breath. On her way home, Harleen is kidnapped by someone and next lands up in a fortress, where she meets Zafar, who learns and reveals that the diamond was a fake. Zorawar is then revealed to be Zafar's right-hand man, and gives Harleen a truth serum drug to reveal the location of the real diamond. Harleen deduces that Rajveer would have survived and is coming to kill Zafar. Jaiwant, in the meantime, is revealed to have actually survived, and silently kills every guard posted outside and places time bombs in every corner and enters the room. Zafar then orders his men to beat Rajveer but before Zafar is able to kill him Rajveer informs that the Koh-i-Noor was not stolen at all and it was a joint operation between the MI6 and the Indian Secret Service to get Zafar. The time bombs go off and destroy the castle, but Zafar manages to escape and captures Harleen again after making Rajveer crash. As they escape with her, Jaiwant follows them with a F1 car and catches up to them. Zafar enters a flight with Harleen. Killing the rest of Zafar's men including Zorawar, Jaiwant shoots at the flight blades evidently grounding the plane. He soon boards the plane and a final bout takes place between him and Zafar. After throwing him to the flames, Jaiwant frees Harleen. When they are escaping from the aircraft, Zafar emerges from the flames again and shoots Rajveer. Jaiwant pushes Harleen out of the aircraft and a second bullet hits him. He then grabs the axe and charges towards Zafar and kills him. When the aircraft is about to explode, he jumps out.
He loses consciousness and is about to drown when Harleen grabs his hand. The authorities air lift an injured and unconscious Jaiwant and Harleen.
Jaiwant then wakes up in hospital, where his commandant, internal secret services chief Narayanan (Vikram Gokhale) is sitting across him waiting for him to wake up. He congratulates Rajveer for successfully completing the mission. He rues about the fact that Viren was murdered and that Pankaj and Shikha will never get to see him again. Also, he informs Rajveer that Harleen has been sent back to her home and he has to forget about her because she can become a threat to his life and also his weakness. Rajveer is also told that he will be shifted to a safe facility the next day. After Narayanan leaves, a nurse arrives and gives Jaiwant a medicine to drink. As soon as he gulps down the medicine, he feels giddy and asks the nurse about it. The nurse turns around and removes her mask revealing that she is actually Harleen and the medicine was a sedative meant to knock Jaiwant out. A surprised Jaiwant tries to say her name but Harleen asks him to keep quiet. Jaiwant faints and Harleen escapes from the hospital along with him. He continues to slip in and out of consciousness until the next morning. He wakes up and Harleen tells him that his one day has arrived. Jaiwant realises that she has brought him to his house. He silently thanks her, and they both reunite with Pankaj and Shikha.
- Hrithik Roshan as Jaiwant "Jai" Nanda a.k.a. Rajveer Nanda
- Katrina Kaif as Harleen Sahni
- Danny Denzongpa as Omar Zafar
- Javed Jaffrey as Hamid Gul
- Pawan Malhotra as Zorawar Kalra
- Vikram Gokhale as Narayanan, Indian Secret Service chief
- Jimmy Sheirgill in a cameo appearance as Viren Nanda, Rajveer's brother
- Kanwaljit Singh as Pankaj Nanda, Jai and Viren's Father
- Deepti Naval as Shikha Nanda, Jai and Viren's Mother
- Frank M. Ahearn as Bok Choy
- Steven Clarke as henchman
- Jawed El Berni as the chain fighter
- Tina Grimm as raver
- Damian Mavis as gangster
- Bill O'Leary as boat goon driver
- Desmond O'Neill as henchman
- John Pasley as Henchman / Police Officer
- Aditya Prakash as receptionist at Pizza Hut
- Anteo Quintavalle as henchman
- Ron Smoorenburg as henchman
- Ankur Vikal as Shohaib Hakhsar
Earlier reports had suggested that Siddharth Anand, who made Salaam Namaste, Ta Ra Rum Pum, Bachna Ae Haseeno and Anjaana Anjaani in the past, planned to make his next film with Shahid Kapoor, but Shahid wanted to avoid comparisons with Hollywood star Tom Cruise and also had no dates for the film as he had opted Haider already. Soon news came that Anand was planning a film with Hrithik Roshan. In September 2012, Hrithik was confirmed to play the lead role, with Katrina Kaif confirmed to play the female lead in the movie. Hrithik started working on the film immediately after wrapping up Krrish 3, and charged a ₹300 million fee for his performance in the film, which until then was the most any actor in Bollywood had charged up front. The movie was soon revealed to be the official Bollywood remake of Knight and Day, starring Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz.
In December 2012, it was confirmed that the official remake of Knight and Day would be titled Bang Bang. In March 2013, the movie's Kashmir schedule was cancelled. Shooting for the film began on 1 May 2013, with the film scheduled to release on 1 May 2014. Unique water action sequences were shot in Thailand and Greece. In an interview with Mumbai Mirror, Hrithik spoke about the action sequences in the film stating, "I have pushed myself to the extreme for this stunt. This sequence called for mental and physical tenacity. The rush that I experienced while training and executing the sequence was out of the world. I was hooked to a sea plane while I did the stunt. I had trained non-stop to even attempt the sequence". Hrithik refused to use any body double to perform the stunts.
Talking about another water action sequences, the film's director Siddharth Raj Anand revealed, "We can control the action we shoot on land, but while shooting at sea, you're at the mercy of the tide. Three days before the shoot, Hrithik started practicing the stunts for five-six hours daily. It took us eight days to shoot the sequences in water. For another water action sequence, Hrithik trained for four days, before the shooting. He learnt to jetski with a speed boat pulling him along first. Then, an antiquated plane was brought in with an experienced pilot at the controls, so that it could be slowed down and speeded up at will."
In July 2013, one of the songs of the film, "Meherbaan" was shot in the city of Santorini in Greece and choreographed by Ahmed Khan. In Phuket, Hrithik Roshan performed a stunt where he had to use a water jetpack called a Flyboard and go 45 feet high in the sky and then dive down in the water. It was for the second time that something like this was used in Bollywood or Hollywood and Hrithik became the second actor to do a flyboarding stunt in a film, first being Mahesh Babu in a Telugu blockbuster 1:nenokkadine  Hrithik was injured during this schedule and subsequently had to undergo a brain surgery for removal of a blood clot from his brain (Subdural haematoma). Also, the Kashmir schedule of the film was delayed because of unrest in the valley.
The delays caused the film's release date to be postponed to 2 October 2014. There were reports that the film had overshot its budget to ₹1.3 billion from a planned budget of around 80–90 crore. But film's director Siddharth Anand denied such reports, "It's funny! Yes, Bang Bang! is a big-ticket film but its budget is as per the scale of the film. There's no question of exceeding it." The shooting resumed in January 2014, in Shimla, Manali, Mumbai, Abu Dhabi, Delhi and Prague. The shooting schedule in Shimla went on for straight six weeks. The Manali bridge where the majority of scenes were shot, has become a grand tourist attraction and it was renamed as Bang Bang Point. Just before Abu Dhabi segment of film, a song shoot was completed at an open-cafeteria in Film City, Mumbai on 19 April 2014. Shimla was created in Film City, Mumbai to can a song and few action sequence for the film. The film was shot for 20 days in Film City with the lead pair of Hrithik Roshan and Katrina Kaif. After wrapping up the Mumbai schedule, filming team left for Abu Dhabi.
The Abu Dhabi schedule of shooting was an intense action-packed schedule. In Abu Dhabi, filming started early May, and took place at various locations in Abu Dhabi including the Corniche, Liwa oasis, Hyatt Capital Gate Hotel, Qasr al Sarab, Emirates Palace and Yas Island. In one of the chase sequences in the film, 120 cars were involved. The film also had used Formula 1 cars. Even after the brain surgery, all the stunts were performed by Hrithik himself. The stunts were designed by Andy Armstrong and shot in Abu Dhabi. The Abu Dhabi segment of shooting was completed on 20 May in collaboration with twofour54. It is the first Bollywood film to be shot and co-produced in Abu Dhabi. Last leg of the film was scheduled in Prague. One of the stunts where Hrithik was on water skies being pulled along by a sky plane was shot in a lake in Prague. Hrithik trained for four days to shoot this scene. Shooting wrapped on 15 July 2014.
On the lines of the popular Ice Bucket Challenge – one of the biggest trends of the year, the dare on social media, Roshan came up with the dare-to-do game to Bollywood co-stars Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan, Nargis Fakhri, Sonam Kapoor, Ranveer Singh, Farhan Akhtar, Priyanka Chopra, Dino Morea, Uday Chopra and Dabboo Ratnani on Twitter asking them to post videos of themselves doing a particular task and adding the hashtag #bangbangdare to it. Hrithik even dared the smokers asking them not to smoke for 3 days. One of the companies challenged Hrithik himself, and when he was asked to buy bed sheets from their store and if he did, ₹500,000 would be donated to city hospitals. He took the dare sportingly. While most stars take to television shows to generate buzz about their films, Hrithik refrained from promoting his movie through reality TV shows.
To protect the movie from piracy, makers of film approached the Court of Piracy with the plea that the film should not be viewed on any device or broadcast on any platform through the Internet without their permission and submitted a list of 90 websites. The Court responded positively on that and restrained them all from making the movie available on the Internet.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||16 September 2014|
|Recorded||Vishal & Shekhar Studio|
|Genre||Feature Film Soundtrack|
|Label||Zee Music Company|
|Singles from Bang Bang!|
The songs of the film are being composed by Vishal-Shekhar; whilst the background score has been composed by Salim-Sulaiman. The digital album rights of the film were acquired by Zee Music Company.
The first look of the song "Tu Meri" was revealed on 20 August 2014 featuring Hrithik Roshan and Katrina Kaif. On 21 August 2014 video of the same song was released. The song was written and sung by Vishal Dadlani. Second song of the film "Meherbaan" featuring Hrithik Roshan and Katrina Kaif was released on 3 September 2014. This song was written by Anvita Dutt Guptan and sung by Ash King, Shilpa Rao and Shekhar Ravjiani. The teaser of the title song was released on 16 September 2014 featuring Hrithik Roshan and Katrina Kaif. On 17 September 2014 full video of the same song was released. The title track was written by Vishal Dadlani and sung by Benny Dayal and Neeti Mohan. It was choreographed by Bosco-Caesar. The song experience was "fun" for Hrithik, who said, "It's my ode to the inspiration he (Michael Jackson) has been." While Katrina described her experience as "Dancing with Hrithik was the biggest challenge. His flexibility is incredible. It is at a different level altogether. You have to be really good to match up to his energy. He has natural energy when he dances. It comes to him so effortlessly". All the songs were well received by audience with the positive response.
|1.||"Tu Meri"||Vishal Dadlani||Vishal Dadlani||04:17|
|2.||"Meherbaan"||Anvita Dutt, Kumaar||Ash King, Shilpa Rao, Shekhar Ravjiani||05:07|
|3.||"Uff"||Anvita Dutt||Benny Dayal, Harshdeep Kaur||04:32|
|4.||"Bang Bang"||Vishal Dadlani||Benny Dayal, Neeti Mohan||05:20|
|5.||"Meherbaan (Reprise version)"||Anvita Dutt, Kumaar||Shekhar Ravjiani||03:01|
|Telugu dubbed tracklist|
The film released worldwide on 2 October 2014 with early screenings in Dubai on 1 October.
Domestically, Bang Bang! received mixed reviews from critics. The film was praised for its action sequences and performances while it was criticised by some for its story and screenplay. Nandhini Srinivasan from FilmiBeat gave 3 out of 5 stars and recommended this total action-packed fun entertainer for the long weekend holiday.
Paloma Sharma from Rediff, giving 2.5/5 rating to the movie called it "A pointless official remake of an already bad original", while Raja Sen, again from Rediff, also gave 2/5 stars and wrote that the film is "a stupid, stupid film trying to be slick, a B-grade film made on an A-list budget.". Rajeev Masand on IBN Live gave the movie 2/5 stars commenting that the film then isn't unwatchable, but at 2 hours and 35 minutes, it certainly tests your patience.
The Indian Express rated it 1.5/5, calling Hrithik as "the eye candy of the film"
Bang Bang! earned $4.89 million overseas in its opening weekend. The biggest debut came from the UAE ($1.8 million), North America ($1.35 million), United Kingdom ($922,000). At the end of its theatrical run overseas, the film earned $11.97 million. The highest revenue came from Gulf ($4.46 million), US/Canada ($2.62 million), UK (£1.165 million) and Australia (Aus $457,000).
Awards and nominationsEdit
|Award||Category||Recipients and nominees||Result||Ref.|
|7th Mirchi Music Awards||Male Vocalist of The Year||Vishal Dadlani - "Tu Meri"||Nominated|||
|Best Song Producer (Programming & Arranging)||Abhijit Nalani & Zoheb Khan - "Bang Bang"|
Director Siddharth Anand in an interview with Deccan Chronicle stated that they were planning a sequel to Bang Bang 2!. The title for the sequel was Bang Bang: Reloaded and is slated to go on floors in 2019 with Hrithik Roshan and Katrina Kaif in the lead roles once again.
- "What is the Worldwide Gross of Bang Bang?". Box Office India. 20 November 2014. Archived from the original on 22 July 2015. Retrieved 24 December 2014.
- "Bang Bang! enters the Rs 100 cr club, but that doesn't mean it's a hit". Firstpost. Retrieved 15 September 2018.
- "Bang Bang - Movie - Worldwide Gross". Box Office India. Retrieved 17 November 2016.
- "Bang Bang!". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- "Fox International Productions Head Talks Hollywood Adaptations for India". The Hollywood Reporter. 17 September 2013.
- Lang, Brent (5 October 2014). "Chinese Road Trip Comedy 'Breakup Buddies' Tops Foreign Box Office". Variety. Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- "Hrithik Roshan, Katrina Kaif to star in remake of Tom Cruise, Cameron Diaz's Knight And Day?". India Today. 23 September 2012.
- "Hrithik Roshan, Katrina Kaif in Siddarth Anand film: Confirmed". India Today. 23 September 2012.
- "Duggu and Kat's Knight and Day: Duo follow in footsteps of Cruise and Diaz in Hollywood remake". Daily Mail. 22 September 2012.
- "Hrithik charges Rs 30 crore for 'Bang Bang', becomes highest paid actor". The Times of India. 4 March 2013.
- "Hrithik Roshan and Katrina Kaif to go Bang Bang in Kashmir!". bollywoodlife.com. 26 December 2012.
- "Katrina Kaif, Hrithik Roshan starrer Bang Bang's shoot cancelled in Kashmir". Hindustan Times. 17 March 2013.
- "Hrithik Roshan, Katrina Kaif to begin shooting Bang Bang". NDTV. 18 April 2013.
- "Hrithik refuses to use body double, to perform Bang Bang stunts himself". Firstpost. 19 February 2013.
- "Out of the blue". 11 September 2014. Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- "'Bang Bang': Hrithik Does Never-Before-Seen Death Defying Stunts". 12 September 2014. Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- "5 Fab Facts About Hrithik Roshan, Katrina Kaif's Bang Bang". 5 August 2014. Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- "Behind the scenes with Hrithik and Katrina! Stars caught on camera during Greek shoot for action-comedy Bang Bang". dailmail.uk. 1 June 2013. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- "Hrithik and Katrina go Bang Bang in Greece". India Today. 1 June 2013. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- "First Look: Bang Bang – This One Looks Like Dhoom 2". Business of Cinema. 1 July 2014.
- Bang Bang! (2014 Hindi Film), ELINEPA
- "Hrithik Roshan Shows-off His Action Chops in Daring Act From Bang Bang". NDTV. 1 September 2014.
- "Hrithik beats Hollywood heroes in doing daring stunts". DNA India. 25 July 2014.
- "Hrithik got head injury during 'Bang Bang' shoot: Rakesh Roshan". DNA India. 8 July 2013.
- "Bang Bang: Lesser known facts of the Hrithik-Katrina starrer". The Times of India.
- "Global Showbiz Briefs: 'Knight And Day' copy 'Bang Bang'; Will Ferrell Getting Deauville Fest Tribute; More". Deadline Hollywood. 17 July 2014.
- "Why Bang Bang is one of the costliest Bollywood films?". The Times of India.
- "Hrithik Roshan's Bang Bang goes over budget". 25 June 2014.
- Goyal, Divya (3 February 2014). "Hrithik Roshan shoots for 'Bang Bang' in Shimla". Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- "Hrithik Roshan, Hrithik Roshan Bang Bang, Hrithik Roshan starts shooting, Hrithik Roshan Katrina Kaif, Katrina Kaif bang bang". The Indian Express. 28 January 2014. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- "Katrina and Hrithik shoot for the last leg of 'Bang Bang' in Prague". Deccan Chronicle. 13 July 2014. Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "Spotted: Hrithik Roshan and Katrina Kaif shoot for Bang Bang in Shimla". India Today. 10 February 2014. Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "Manali bridge renamed after Hrithik Roshan-Katrina Kaif's BANG BANG". glamsham.com. 8 June 2014. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- "A bridge renamed after Hrithik Roshan-Katrina Kaif's Bang Bang in Manali!". bollywoodlife.com. 8 June 2014. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- "Bang Bang's Shimla is actually Mumbai's Film City". NDTV. 22 April 2014.
- "Hrithik Roshan drives F1 car out of the circuit". The Times of India. 1 September 2014.
- "Get ready for F1 ride with Hrithik Roshan's 'Bang Bang'". IndiaTVNews. 3 September 2014.
- "Hrithik Roshan will do his own stunts in Bang Bang". NDTV. 19 February 2014. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- "After injury, Hrithik Roshan to perform stunts himself for 'Bang Bang'". The Times of India. 19 February 2014. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- "Hrithik Roshan to perform stunts himself for 'Bang Bang'". ZeeNews. 19 February 2014. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- "More Bang! In Hrithik Roshan Starrer Bang Bang". Business of Cinema. 19 April 2014. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- Nagraj, Aarti (20 May 2014). "Bollywood Film Bang Bang Completes Abu Dhabi Shoot". gulfbusiness.com. Retrieved 31 May 2014.
- "Bang Bang wraps successful shoot in Abu Dhabi with support of twofour54".
- "Hrithik Roshan pushed his limits for Bang Bang". India Today. 11 September 2014. Retrieved 11 September 2014.
- "Bang Bang shoot in Prague". The Indian Express. 18 July 2014. Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "Out of the blue". Mumbai Mirror. 11 July 2014. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- "Hrithik Roshan's Bang Bang Dare For Bollywood". NDTV. 20 September 2014. Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- "Bollywood stars' new promotional tactics". The Times of India. 1 October 2014. Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- "The hardsellers: Bollywood actors who are masters of story selling". mid-day. 29 September 2014. Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- "Hrithik Roshan throws Bang Bang dare at B-Town buddies, smokers". India Today. 20 September 2014. Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- "Stars who took Hrithik Roshan's BangBangDare". The Times of India. 1 October 2014. Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- "When Aamir Khan Took on the Bang Bang Dare and Took Off The Transistor". NDTV. 1 October 2014. Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- "Hrithik Roshan Has Got A Bang Bang Dare! Will He Do It?". FilmiBeat. 30 September 2014. Retrieved 30 September 2014.
- "Hrithik Roshan Won't Promote Bang Bang on TV shows". NDTV. 19 September 2014. Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- "No Bang Bang promotions on TV". Hindustan Times. 19 September 2014. Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- "Planning to watch Bang Bang online? HC says no". Hindustan Times. 30 September 2014. Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- Swedish House Mafia – One (Original Mix). YouTube. 26 April 2010.
- "Music giant acquires digital album rights of Bang Bang". The Times of India. 27 August 2014. Retrieved 27 August 2014.
- "Bang Bang (2014) – First Look, Cast Crew, Hrithik Roshan, Katrina Kaif". muzicmag.com. 2 August 2014. Retrieved 2 July 2014.
- "Hrithik Roshan Says Tu Meri, But to Whom? Find Out". NDTV. 20 August 2014. Retrieved 20 August 2014.
- "Hrithik Roshan Returns to The Dance Floor With a Bang Bang in Tu Meri". NDTV. 21 August 2014. Retrieved 21 August 2014.
- "BANG BANG LYRICS (Title Song) – Hrithik Roshan, Katrina Kaif". 31 July 2014. Retrieved 31 July 2014.
- "Hrithik Roshan, Katrina Kaif Sizzle in Meherbaan". NDTV. 3 August 2014. Retrieved 3 August 2014.
- "Hrithik-Katrina's sizzling romance in Meherbaan". Hindustan Times. 3 September 2014. Archived from the original on 3 September 2014. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "'Bang Bang': First Look of Title Track Released; Hrithik-Katrina Share Romantic Moment". International Business Times. 16 September 2014. Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- "Hrithik Roshan's tribute to Michael Jackson in Bang Bang title track". India Today. 17 September 2014. Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- "Katrina Kaif Says Dancing With Hrithik Was the Biggest Challenge". NDTV. 17 September 2014. Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- "Bang Bang title track is out: Isn't Hrithik the best dancer in Bollywood?". Hindustan Times. 17 September 2014. Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- "B3 Reasons why 'Bang Bang' title track is unmissable". DNA India. 17 September 2014. Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- "Bang Bang song #TuMeri goes viral, garners 2.4 million views in 3 days". India News. 26 August 2014. Retrieved 26 August 2014.
- "Bang Bang #Meherbaan goes viral, garners 3.5 million views in 6 days". India News. 8 September 2014. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
- "Bang Bang! review: The remake is even more stupid than the original". Firstpost.
- "Bang Bang! review: Hrithik, Katrina show how explosively dumb Bollywood can be". Firstpost.
- "Bang Bang Movie Review: Action-Packed Fun With Hrithik And Katrina". filmibeat.com.
- "Bang Bang Review: Make it STOP!". Rediff. 2 October 2014.
- "Review: Bang Bang is loud, dumb, exhausting". Rediff. 2 October 2014.
- "'Bang Bang' review: The film isn't unwatchable but certainly tests your patience". CNN-IBN.
- "'Bang Bang' review: Hrithik Roshan is the film's eye candy, Katrina Kaif is more giggle than sizzle". The Indian Express. 2 October 2014.
- "Bang Bang Lifetime Business". Bollywood Hungama. 1 December 2014.
- "Bang Bang! Lifetime Business". Koimoi. 1 December 2014.
- "Bang Bang! Tamil and Telugu versions Business". Box Office India Trade Network. 17 October 2014.
- "Int'l Box Office Update". Retrieved 6 October 2014.
- "Bang Bang! Overseas Business". Box Office India Trade Network. 27 November 2014.
- "MMA Mirchi Music Awards". MMAMirchiMusicAwards. Retrieved 27 March 2018.
- "MMA Mirchi Music Awards". MMAMirchiMusicAwards. Retrieved 27 March 2018.