|Type||brand (former subsidiary)|
The original name of "Banca Popolare di Verona" was Banca Mutua Popolare di Verona, founded on 21 June 1867. It was the seventh Italian "People's" bank to be founded. (The meaning of "people's" is that every shareholder who has more than 150 shares can vote during the shareholders' meeting.)
It was the first Italian bank that acquired another Italian bank (Banco S.Geminiano e S.Prospero di Modena) by a public takeover in 1993 and the name of the bank changed to Banca Popolare di Verona – Banco S. Geminiano e S. Prospero S.c.r.l. (ISIN: IT0001065215).
In 1997 the bank has acquired Credito Bergamasco.
On 1 June 2002 Banca Popolare di Verona – SGSP merged with Banca Popolare di Novara S.c.r.l. to form Banco Popolare di Verona e Novara. (ISIN: IT0003262513 / BPVN) A new subsidiary Banca Popolare di Novara S.p.A. was also formed. However, the former business belongs to BPV was only became divisions of BPVN. (expect insurance company BPV Vita and investment holding company Holding di Partecipazioni Finanziarie Banca Popolare di Verona – S. Geminiano e S. Prospero were retained as subsidiaries)
As at 31 December 2006, BPVN Group had a total assets of €68,694,935,000 and a shareholders' equity of €4,872,018,000 in consolidated balance sheets.
After another merger in 2007. BPV was reestablished as a subsidiary of the group.
In 2007 Banco Popolare di Verona e Novara merged with Banca Popolare Italiana, forming banking group Banco Popolare. Division BPV also re-incorporated as Banca Popolare di Verona – S.Geminiano e S.Prospero S.p.A. until 2011. In 2011 the company was re-absorbed by the parent company, but remained as a brand and a division of the group. BPV division also managed Banco S.Geminiano e S.Prospero (as sub-division and brand), Banca San Marco (brand), Banca Popolare di Trentino (brand) and Cassa di Risparmio di Imola (brand).
- Official history (in Italian) Archived August 19, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- "2001 Bilancio consolidato" (PDF) (in Italian). Banca Popolare di Verona – Banco S. Geminiano e S. Prospero (BPV–SGSP). 10 May 2002. Archived from the original (PDF) on 1 July 2002.
- "2001 Bilancio Individuale" (PDF) (in Italian). BPV–SGSP. 10 May 2002. Archived from the original (PDF) on 1 July 2002.
- page 270, "Le principali societa 2002" (PDF) (in Italian). Mediobanca. 2002. Retrieved 14 April 2016.
- "2006 Bilancio Consolidato" (in Italian). Banco Popolare di Verona e Novara. 26 April 2007. Retrieved 14 April 2016.
- "Banca Popolare: la presentazione del nuovo diario scolastico" (in Italian). AC Chievo Verona. 8 September 2011. Retrieved 12 April 2015.
- "Sponsor" (in Italian). AC Chievo Verona. Archived from the original on 1 February 2015.