A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (June 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Bamfaad (French: Explosive) is a 2020 Indian Hindi language romantic action film directed by Ranjan Chandel starring Aditya Rawal and Shalini Pandey in their first lead film. The film was released on 10 April 2020.
|Directed by||Ranjan Chandel|
|Produced by||Ajay G Rai Pradeep Kumar|
|Written by||Hanzalah Shahid Ranjan Chandel|
|Music by||Vishal Mishra|
|Edited by||Nitesh Bhatia|
It is a passionate love story set in Allahabad between Nasir Jamal and Neelam who meet accidentally and fall in love. They make brave choices and go through a path of love and loss to be with each other.
Nasir Jamal (Aditya Rawal), a teenage boy and resident of Kareli area in Allahabad (Uttar Pradesh). His friends call him 'Naate' despite him being quite tall. Naate brings home complaints regularly. His father Shahid Jamal, a reputed contractor overlooks his son's deeds and in turn encourages his behaviour for the worse while his mother is worried sick about her son and his carelessness.
One evening, Nasir goes to drop off a parcel at Sanam CD Music shop on his childhood friend Zahid's request. There, he finds the shop closed and meets a young girl, Neelam (Shalini Pandey) who lives right above the shop. An interesting conversation takes place between them. Soon after, they happen to meet a few more times and Naate is now drawn to her. On the other hand, while Neelam appreciates Nasir's genuine gestures towards her, she is hesitant to take things forward. Having had a tough journey, she battles to make things work with Nasir, but he is too lighthearted about it all to see any red flags.
While Nasir and Neelam get closer, Jigar Fareedi (Vijay Varma), a seemingly charming, influential person crosses paths with Nasir on account of his fight with Rajeeb Mehndi, a college student politician who is Jigar's candidate. Jigar demands that Nasir make a public apology and is arrogantly turned down leading to the beginning of an ego conflict between the two.
Neelam struggles to understand her relationship with Nasir but is unaware of how much she has grown to like him. They face multiple obstacles and are presented with testing times.
This leads us to find out whether Nasir and Neelam will ever be able to be together?
Director Ranjan met his co-writer Hanzalah Shahid after coming back from the shoot of the film 'Mukkabaaz'. Hanzalah gave him a script to read of a different title. Ranjan read the script and got fascinated by some characters of that world which inspired him to dwell more into that world. He took those characters and some incidents and started writing a new draft from the scratch of the script and titled it 'Bamfaad'. Bamfaad is a north Indian slang which portrays a certain energy and it means "Explosive" or "Kickass".
Since this was Ranjan's debut film, the budget was quite restrained. That is why he chose his hometown Kanpur as the base for shooting. His father Manmohan Chandel has played a very important part in the shoot. There were many times when the crew didn't have permission to shoot at a location, the crew used to shoot in Ranjan father's hometown as he used to get permission for the crew easily.
The principal photography of the film began on 2 September 2018 in Kanpur and the film was wrapped on 22 October 2018 in Lucknow. The shooting of the film got finished in a span of 45 days.
The film contains Suryakant Tripathi 'Nirala' - Baadal Raag, composed and sung by Harpreet Singh. It describes the journey of a thundercloud. Ranjan found the composition as a passionate composition of a compelling poem.
|1.||"BAMFAAD TITLE TRACK"||Raj Shekhar||Vishal Mishra||2:07|
|2.||"ISHQ KA ITAR"||Raj Shekhar||Vishal Mishra||4:49|
|3.||"MUNASIB"||Raj Shekhar||Vishal Mishra Anandi Joshi||4:00|
|4.||"YAAR MERA HO MERE RUBARU"||Raj Shekhar||Sukhwinder Singh Vishal Mishra Hemant Brijwasi Moin Sabri||7:50|
Poet Dr. Kumar Vishwas appreciated the film and actor's performances and especially mentioned the composition of "Nirala" Baadal Raag by the debutant director Ranjan Chandel as pleasant surprise.
Film Critic Shubhra Gupta wrote in The Indian Express - "Bamfaad brings back memories of the small-town love story that Bollywood used to tell, and keeps us watching with a fluid flourish or two, even if we wish for much more freshness, as it takes us to a fully filmi end.
Film Critic Anna MM Vetticad wrote in First Post - "True to its title, Bamfaad has a fiery start. The striking introduction melds realism, humour and an earthy song. She mentioned, "The second half of Bamfaad does not live up to the promise of the pre-interval portion. Still the director Ranjan Chandel and Writer Hanzalah Shahid are talents to watch out for. For one, in this era of stereotype-ridden, Islamophobic Bollywood rants, it is nice to see a film in which the protagonist is a Muslim, but is not given any stereotypical markers of the religion, and members of the community are treated as regular humans: some good, some not, some evil, some not". She also mentioned, "Besides, how can one not make note of artists who can conceptualise a scene in which a love-lorn youth gazing at the object of his affection tells her that pimples look good on her face? He does not say “even pimples”, he simply says “pimples”. Oh the sweet innocence of those words! Because of course on her they are an adornment, not a skin eruption – “that dress looks good on you”, “the new hairstyle looks good on you”, “pimples look good on you”.
- "10 best shows and movies to watch on Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar, Vodafone Play, Zee5 and Voot Select this week". Gqindia. 6 April 2020. Archived from the original on 10 April 2020. Retrieved 7 April 2020.
- India, Today (9 April 2020). "Paresh Rawal's son Aditya: Will take me 30 years to be spoken of in same breath as dad". Indiatoday. Archived from the original on 10 April 2020. Retrieved 7 April 2020.
- "Now, Paresh Rawal's son Aditya is set to make his acting debut with Bamfaad on Zee5". Cinestaan. 4 April 2020. Archived from the original on 7 April 2020. Retrieved 7 April 2020.
- "Bamfaad: Here's What You Need To Know About The Upcoming ZEE5 Original Film". zeetv.zee5.com. 4 April 2020. Retrieved 7 April 2020.
- "बमफाड़ ट्रेलर / परेश रावल के बेटे आदित्य के साथ दिखी अर्जुन रेड्डी एक्ट्रेस शालिनी पांडे की रोमांटिक केमिस्ट्री". Bhaskar.com. 6 April 2020.
- "Paresh Rawal's Son, Aditya, To Make Acting Debut With Bamfaad". telanganatoday.com. 7 April 2020.
- "'Bamfaad' trailer: Inter-faith lovers find the going tough in Zee5 film". scroll.in. 6 April 2020. Archived from the original on 6 April 2020. Retrieved 7 April 2020.
- "परेश रावल के बेटे की डेब्यू फिल्म Bamfaad का ट्रेलर रिलीज, दमदार अंदाज में दिखे आदित्य". livehindustan.com. 6 April 2020. Archived from the original on 13 April 2020. Retrieved 7 April 2020.
- "Bamfaad trailer out: Aditya Rawal-Shalini Pandey's film is high on love and rebellion". cinemaexpress.com. 6 April 2020. Archived from the original on 13 April 2020. Retrieved 7 April 2020.
- "Bamfaad Trailer: Paresh Rawal's son Aditya & Shalini Pandey's love story is marred by violence & drama". pinkvilla.com. 7 April 2020. Archived from the original on 13 April 2020. Retrieved 7 April 2020.
- "7 best shows and movies on Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Zee5 and Voot Select to watch this weekend". GQ India. 10 April 2020.
- Jha, Subhash K. (15 April 2020). ""Bamfaad Brings Home The Big Screen Experience" – A Subhash K Jha Review".
- "Bamfaad movie review: Aditya Rawal delivers a restrained, convincing performance". 10 April 2020.
- "Bamfaad movie review: Aditya Rawal makes his mark in an engaging, even if generic, crime-and-love saga- Entertainment News, Firstpost". Firstpost. 10 April 2020.