Baltikuri railway station
Baltikuri railway station is a cabin railway station on Santragachi–Amta branch line of South Eastern Railway section of the Kharagpur railway division. It is situated at Baltikuri in Howrah in the Indian state of West Bengal.
|Kolkata Suburban Railway station|
|Location||Baltikuri, Howrah, West Bengal|
|Elevation||5 metres (16 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||South Eastern Railway zone|
|Line(s)||Santragachi–Amta branch line|
|Structure type||Standard (on ground station)|
|Zone(s)||South Eastern Railway zone|
|Previous names||Howrah–Amta Light Railway|
Howrah to Amta narrow-gauge track was built in 1897 in British India. This route was the part of the Martin's Light Railways which was closed in 1971. Howrah–Amta new broad-gauge line, including the Bargachia–Champadanga branch line was re constructed and opened in 2002–2004.
- roy, Joydeep. "Baltikuri Cabin Railway Station Map/Atlas SER/South Eastern Zone - Railway Enquiry". indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 2019-10-24.
- "Baltikuri Junction Railway Station. Station location and description. Division - Kharagpur". erailway.co.in. Retrieved 2019-10-24.
- Sharma, Aman (2017-08-15). "PM Narendra Modi highlights project delay by talking of 74km Howrah–Champadanga railway line". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2019-10-24.
- "Narrow gauge in Bengal | IEOR @ IIT Bombay". www.ieor.iitb.ac.in. Retrieved 2019-10-24.
- "Howrah–Amta BG line section inaugurated". @businessline. Retrieved 2019-10-24.