Balloch railway station
Balloch railway station is a railway station serving the town of Balloch in Scotland. The station is a terminus on the North Clyde Line, 19 3⁄4 miles (31.8 km) north west of Glasgow Queen Street railway station. The station is managed by Abellio ScotRail.
|Scottish Gaelic: Am Bealach|
|Local authority||West Dunbartonshire|
|Managed by||Abellio ScotRail|
|Number of platforms||1|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections|
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Passenger Transport Executive|
|24 April 1988||Opened by British Rail|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Balloch from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
Balloch station was opened by British Rail and SPTE on 24 April 1988, replacing the former Balloch Central station which was situated immediately north of a level crossing on Balloch Road. Closure of this level crossing was made possible by the closure of the previous terminus station, Balloch Pier, in 1986. The station is located 1⁄2 mile (800 m) south of where Balloch Pier station stood.
Services terminate here at the single platform and remain there for around seven minutes, before departing.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
North Clyde Line
- Brailsford 2017, Gaelic/English Station Index.
- Butt, R.V.J., (1995)
- N/A (1984). "Strathclyde: the Review after the strike". In: Modern Railways, Vol. 42, No. 445, December 1985, Pages 650-651.
- N/A (1988). "News & Notes: Balloch rebuilt". In: Railway Magazine, Vol. 134, No. 1049, September 1988, Page 556.
- GB eNRT 2016 Edition, Table 226 (Network Rail)
- Brailsford, Martyn, ed. (December 2017) . Railway Track Diagrams 1: Scotland & Isle of Man (6th ed.). Frome: Trackmaps. ISBN 978-0-9549866-9-8.
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-508-7. OCLC 60251199.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Balloch railway station.|
|This Scotland railway station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|