Cheryl Angear is an accredited British journalist writing in print media (specialist dance press and mainstream media). She is a regular contributor to Dance Today magazine  covering the BBC One series Strictly Come Dancing; other credits include The Stage newspaper, The Mail on Sunday (top-selling UK Sunday title with over 1.9 million readers)  and its YOU Magazine  among others. She is a member of the Chartered Institute of Journalists  and is also a photographer, specialising in classical ballet.
During her teenage years she was awarded the Queen's Guide Award (the top award within that association) and later studied for a Diploma in Personnel Management.
Angear is founder of "Ballet News", launched in 2008, which focuses on classical ballet, ballet dancers and other professionals in the field around the world through interviews, features, and photographs. During the Strictly Come Dancing season, Cheryl reports live for Ballet News from every show, for three months. Ballet News has a Facebook page as well as a presence across other social media platforms including Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube  and Vimeo.
Cupcakes and ConversationEdit
Cupcakes & Conversation is a series of interviews with prominent ballet dancers from the UK and abroad:
- Dance Today Dancers Health, March 2011
- Dance Today Blooming Late, June 2010
- Dance Today Fame and Fortuna, March 2010
- Dance Today Live, Unjudged and Personal, February 2010
- Dance Today Strictly Starring Karen Hardy, December 2009
- The Stage Raising the barre: Vadim Muntagirov, June 3, 2010
- The Guardian ABCs: National Sunday newspaper circulation, Friday August 12, 2011
- The Mail on Sunday Archived July 12, 2012, at Archive.today Things You Don't Know About, May 30, 2010
- The Mail on Sunday YOU Magazine, Swansational! A behind-the-scenes peek at the most spectacular Swan Lake ever staged, August 21, 2010
- The Mail on Sunday, YOU Magazine, Things you don't know about Swan Lake, May 30, 2010
- Journalist Directory Cheryl Angear
- "Ballet News".
- YouTube Ballet News
- Writers and Artists Cheryl Angear