Ballarat International Foto Biennale
The Ballarat International Foto Biennale Inc (BIFB) is a not-for-profit organisation presenting a month-long biennial festival of contemporary photography in Ballarat in regional Victoria, Australia. It is a member of the Asia Pacific Photoforums. The festival moved to Ballarat after starting in Daylesford in 2007. Since 2009 it has remained in Ballarat.
The current Festival Director is Fiona Sweet. Jeff Moorfoot was the first director with Fiona taking over the festival between 2015 and 2017. The 2017 headline artist is David Lachapelle.
BIFB comprises two major exhibition programs including the Core Program, curated biennale exhibition of 20 leading Australian and international photographic artists, presented in eight heritage buildings in Ballarat. The Core Program is complemented by an open entry Fringe Program, a city‐wide presentation of over 200 artists staged in more than 80 venues including cafes and galleries, throughout project spaces, and across public sites.
These exhibitions are complemented by an extensive Events Program that encourages the active participation of the general public and photographic practitioners of all levels through its program of workshops, seminars, audio‐visual projections, master‐classes, artist floor‐talks, portfolio reviews, an education program and photographic competitions and prizes.
- "BALLARAT INTERNATIONAL FOTO BIENNALE". BALLARAT INTERNATIONAL FOTO BIENNALE.
- "Ballarat International Foto Biennale Ballarat central, VIC | Classes, Lessons and Workshops in Ballarat central | Reviews and Ratings". visitballarat.com.au. Retrieved 2017-03-02.
- "Festivals - Asia-Pacific PhotoFourm".
- "The egalitarian Ballarat International Foto Biennale celebrates 10 years - ABC Ballarat - Australian Broadcasting Corporation". abc.net.au. Retrieved 2017-03-02.
- "About Us | BALLARAT INTERNATIONAL FOTO BIENNALE". ballaratfoto.org. Retrieved 2017-03-02.