Balharshah Junction railway station (station code: BPQ) is a railway station serving Ballarpur town, in Chandrapur district of Maharashtra state in India. Established by the Nizam's Guaranteed State Railway, it is now under the Nagpur CR railway division of Central Railway Zone of Indian Railways. It is an important junction on New Delhi–Chennai main line of Indian Railways. It is located at 185 m above sea level and has 5 platforms. The Ballarshah–Wardha–Nagpur section was electrified in 1989.
|Express train and Passenger train station|
|Elevation||188 metres (617 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||Central Railway|
|Structure type||Standard on ground|
The Gondia–Nagbhir–Nagpur line was opened for traffic in 1908. The Nagbhir–Rajoli line was opened in 1913 and extended up to Chanda Fort. Work for conversion to 5 ft 6 in (1,676 mm) broad gauge of the 240 km (149 mi) narrow-gauge Gondia–Chanda Fort line started in December 1992. The fourth phase covering Nagbhir–Chanda Fort section was opened on 13 January 1999 and the Chanda Fort–Balharshah section was opened from 2 July 1999.
The Ramagundam–Balharshah–Wardha–Nagpur sector was electrified in 1988–89. The Gondia–Nagbhir–Balharshah line was electrified in 2018.
The railway station has computerized reservation counters, STD/PCO booth, retiring room, waiting room, vegetarian and non-vegetarian refreshments and book stall.
- "IR History: Early Days – III". Chronology of railways in India, Part 3 (1900–1947). Retrieved 26 November 2013.
- "Major Events in the Formation of S.E. Railway". South Eastern Railway. Archived from the original on 1 April 2013. Retrieved 2012-11-10.
- "Nagpur Division" (PDF). South East Central Railway. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "History of Electrification". IRFCA. Retrieved 26 November 2013.
- "Balhashah to Bangalore trains". Make My Trip. Retrieved 26 November 2013.
|Tamil Nadu Express entering Balharpur Junction|
|Preceding station||Indian Railways||Following station|
|Central Railway zone||
|Terminus||South East Central Railway zone||