Bairi Piya (serial)
Bairi Piya is an Indian television drama that was broadcast on Colors TV each weekday starting from September 2009. It was produced by Ekta Kapoor and starred Sharad Kelkar (Thakur Digvijay Singh) and Supriya Kumari (Amoli). The show ended in September 2010.
|Created by||Ekta Kapoor|
|Written by||Amit Jha|
|Directed by||Fahad Kashmiri|
Randeep Shantaram Mahadik
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||252|
|Executive producer||Ekta Kapoor|
|Running time||Approx. 25 minutes|
|Production company||Balaji Telefilms|
|Original network||Colors TV|
|Original release||21 September 2009 –|
3 September 2010
This section describes a work or element of fiction in a primarily in-universe style. (May 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Amoli is an optimistic and fearless 20-year-old girl and eldest daughter. Amoli's friend, kaumudi, is abducted by goons working for Thakur (a rich landlord) because her father, Tukaram, is unable to pay the debts. Amoli fights the goons, but can not save Kaumudi. Thakur Digvijay secretly keeps Kaumudi and spends the night with her. When she returns to her family, they do not accept her because of society, prompting her to leave the village. The incident upsets Amoli and increases her anger against Thakur. Thakur orders his goons to take over Tukaram's land at any cost, so they set fire to his crops. This breaks Tukaram's family. Amoli's mother, Suman, wants to poison the entire family because she does not want to see her children die of hunger.
Amoli decides to visit Thakur's wife, Urmila, who is soft and kind. She goes into the Haweli while it rains. Under the Haweli she hides in a room where she searches for Urmila but is caught by Thakur. Amoli pleads with Thakur to release her, but Thakur gives her assurance that he is attracted to her. Later, he tries to get her and plots to get her but fails. Thakur is so attracted to Amoli that he can go to any lengths to get her. He then arranges his servant Radhe's and Amoli's wedding and after marriage, he tries to impress her but fails again. Meanwhile, Amoli and her husband, Radhe fall in love, which annoys Thakur, so he kills Radhe. Urmila leaves Thakur after she learns the truth and helps Amoli escape from the mansion; Amoli then takes an oath to punish Thakur and goes back to her parent's house. Suman is worried for her daughter because she knows Thakur will go to extreme lengths to get Amoli. For her daughter's safety, Suman tells Amoli to go to Meerut to see a family that will help her. Amoli is confused but goes to Meerut to run from Thakur.
Upon reaching Meerut, Amoli enters the mansion of the very rich family, the Pundits. The family consists of Devi Pundir, his wife Sunanda, his two daughters, Sanchita and Ankita, two nephews, Deepak and Prithvi, their two wives, Badiya and Chiggy bahu, and his sister and brother-in-law. Amoli meets Sunanda Devi first and Sunanda mistakes her for a servant. Amoli agrees to live in the Pundir mansion as a maid, where she forms a friendship with Ankita. Meanwhile, Thakur searches for Amoli everywhere and will not rest until he finds her. Suman visits the Pundir mansion to warn Amoli that Thakur is searching every city, but she is shocked to see Amoli working as a maid since that is not the purpose of Amoli's trip. She confronts Sunanda about Amoli. Sunanda is shocked to see Suman as they have some hidden past. Suman reveals to Sunanda that Amoli is not her daughter but Sunanda's. It is revealed that 20 years ago, Sunanda gave birth to Amoli and Suman met her and helped her as Sunanda was in pain. As soon as Amoli was born, Sunanda's mother told Suman that she wanted an heir, not a granddaughter, and to keep Amoli; Sunanda was told that her baby died. In the present, Sunanda has a breakdown from learning that her eldest daughter has been alive all these years, and is now working as her maid. Suman tells Sunanda to tell her husband that Amoli is his daughter but Sunanda decides not to as it will ruin the family. After this, Sunanda treats Amoli as her daughter which surprises Badiya bahu, who dislikes Amoli. Amoli soon finds out that Sunanda is her biological mother. She disapproves at first but later comes around.
Badiya bahu and her father in law find out and plot to reveal this secret to the whole family. They decide to do so on Devi and Sunanda's marriage anniversary. Badiya bahu calls Suman back and Suman is shocked to see that Sunanda still has not told the family members about Amoli's real identity. She lashes out at Sunanda as why she is treating her daughter like this. She reveals to the whole family that this is Amoli's real family. The family members are stunned especially Devi, Sanchita and Ankita. Devi is angry at Sunanda and threatens their marriage. Sunanda runs away after this and gets into an accident. The family visits her in the hospital and there Devi accepts Amoli as his daughter and Sanchita and Ankita accept her as their sister. A few days later, Sunanda returns to the mansion with Devi and she is happy to see Amoli bonding with the family. However, on the other hand, a man named Ranveer enters the Pundir mansion. He looks exactly like Thakur. Amoli accuses him of being Thakur but Ranveer says he is Ranveer, not Thakur. Ranveer is Devi's business partner, who is staying at the mansion for a few days. After a while, Amoli and Ranveer become friends as she now believes him to be Ranveer. However, Ranveer is, in fact, Thakur; he created a fake identity as Ranveer in order to get Amoli back. The family chooses a boy for Ankita and begin her marriage preparations. But the aunt of Ankita's would-be in-laws tells the family that although Amoli is the eldest she should get married first. She sees Ranveer and Amoli's photograph and believes them to be in love. Amoli agrees to marry him for her family's happiness.
After the marriage, Amoli finds out that he is Thakur and runs away, then decides to stay to get revenge. Soon, she sends him to jail twice although he is innocent, Thakur gets out. Thakur's nephew, Puneet poisons Amoli's drink. Thakur sees the poison in Amoli's drink and drinks it himself. After this incident, Amoli feels a change about Thakur. She sees that he would die for her. After some more events, Amoli still attempts revenge but fails each time. Amoli runs over a woman and Thakur takes the blame. These incidents bring them closer. During this time, Amoli falls in love with Thakur. Amoli's love changes Thakur and he starts doing things that Amoli likes. After another incident, Puneet orders Amoli to be stoned to death, but he is stoned instead. Later, a man revealed to be Radhe, is shown burning the photo of Thakur and Amoli.
Radhe has returned to get revenge on both Thakur and Amoli. Amoli is extremely happy to find out that he is alive. Radhe pretends he still loves her but he is actually in love with sandhya. Both of them plot to steal the property. Thakur finds out and tells Amoli but she accuses him. However, she finds out herself and feels betrayed. Amoli and Thakur are kidnapped by Puneet and Radhe. While Thakur fights back Puneet tries to kill him. To save Thakur Amoli shoots Puneet. Puneet dies and Thakur takes the blame on him. Amoli cries when seeing Thakur arrested by police. Thakur promises Amoli that he will surely return to her. He is sentenced to five-year imprisonment. After imprisonment Thakur returns home. Villagers give a great welcome to their Thakur. Thakur and Amoli finally consummate their marriage and start a happy life, dealing with village problems together. The serial ends on a good note.
- Sharad Kelkar as Thakur Digvijay Singh Bhadoria/Ranveer, Amoli's husband, Badi Malkin's son, Suren, chandana and puneet’s uncle
- Supriya Kumari as Amoli Digvijay Singh, Thakur's wife, Harshvardhan and Sunanda Devi's eldest daughter, Sanchita and Ankita's eldest sister, Tukaram & Sudan’s step daughter
- Shresth Kumar as Radhe, Amoli's ex-husband
- Shreya Bugde as Chandana, Radhe's second wife
- Sumana Das as Kajri
- Deepak Sandhu as Deepesh Bhadoria, Thakur's nephew
- Asima Bhatt as Badi Malkin, Thakur's mother
- Kadambari Shantshree Suman Kamble, Amoli's adoptive mother, Dhani's mother
- Kailash as Tukaram Kamble, Amoli's adoptive father, Dhani's father
- Kumar Hegde as Dhani Kamble, Amoli's adoptive sister, Suman and Tukaram's daughter
- Vaishnavi Mahant as Sunanda Devi Pundir, Amoli's biological mother, Devi's wife, Sanchita and Ankita's mother
- Manoj Bhaskar as Harshvardhan “Devi” Pundir, Amoli's biological father, Sunanda's husband, Sanchita and Ankita's father
- Neetha Shetty as Surbhi Pundir (Badiya Bahu), Amoli's cousin in law, Nirbhay's wife
- Sandhya Soni as Ankita Pundir, Amoli's biological sister, Sanchita's sister, Sunanda and Devi's youngest daughter
- Neha Gehlot as Sanchita Pundir, Amoli's biological sister, Ankita's sister, Sunanda and Devi's second daughter
- Pallavi Subhash Chandran as Rashmi Pundir (Chiggy Bahu), Amoli's cousin in law, Prithvi's wife
- Pawan Chopra as Viraat Pundir, Amoli's biological uncle, Devi's elder brother, Nirbhay and Prithvi's father
- Kanika Chaddar as Rohini Pundir, Amoli's biological aunt, Viraat's wife, Nirbhay and Prithvi's mother
- Priyamvada Kant as Kaumudi, Amoli's best friend
- Rithvik Dhanjani as Prithvi Pundir, Amoli's biological cousin brother, Devi's nephew, Rashmi's husband
- Aham Sharma Nirbhay Pundir, Amoli's biological cousin brother, Devi's nephew, Surbhi's husband
- Shubhi Mehta as Urmila Bhadoria, Thakur's ex-wife
- Mahhi Vij as Nakusha
- "Supriya Kumari (Ekta Kapoor's Bari Biya Fame girl) is all set for her Bollywood Entry with the Anupam Kher".
- "Bairi piya".
- "Bairi Piya Amoli".
- "bairi piya".
- "Sharad Kelkar: Television gave me my bread and butter".
- "Color's New Show on Vidharba Farmers' Plight".
- "Bairi Piya".
- "Bairi Piya meets its happy ending Read more at".
- "Bairi Piya – Colors".