(Redirected from Bahamian people)
Bahamians are an people originating or having roots from The Commonwealth of the Bahamas. One can also become a Bahamian by acquiring citizenship.
|Regions with significant populations|
|Bahamas 397,164 (2017)|
|United States||56,498 (2015)|
|United Kingdom||1,797 (2001)|
|English, Bahamian Creole|
|Baptist 32%, Anglican 20%, Roman Catholic 19%, Methodist 6%, Church of God 6%, Other Protestants 12%, none or unknown 3%, other 2%|
World Championships in AthleticsEdit
- Sidney Poitier, first Black male to win an Oscar, first black American actor to win Best Actor, first black American actor to be nominated for best actor.
- Shaunae Miller-Uibo, sprinter, 2016 Olympic 400m champion, and World record holder in 200m straight
- Buddy Hield, NBA player
- Klay Thompson, NBA player
- Rick Fox, three-time NBA champion, owner of Echo Fox pro-
- Lynden Oscar Pindling, first Prime Minister of the Bahamas.
- Joseph Robert Love, important pan-African leader of the 19th and 20th century who influenced Marcus Garvey
- Allan Glaisyer Minns, the first Black mayor in Britain
- Bert Williams, first black to star in lead role on broadway
- Deandre Ayton, was ranked number-one high-school basketball player in the USA by scout in 2015
- Mychal Thompson, two-time NBA champion and first foreign-born player to be selected as 1st pick in the NBA draft history.
- Angela Palacious, first woman deacon and priest of the Diocese of The Bahamas and the Turks and Caicos Islands
- Yves Edwards, UFC fighter
- Kimbo Slice, popular street fighter, MMA fighter, and boxer
- Bahamas 2017. Population Pyramid.
- Access, Data; (DADS), Dissemination Systems (October 5, 2010). "Results". American FactFinder. Retrieved August 27, 2017.
- "Population by selected ethnic origins, by province and territory (2006 Census)". statcan.gc.ca. July 28, 2009. Archived from the original on January 15, 2011. Retrieved September 10, 2010.
- "Country-of-birth database". Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. Archived from the original on May 11, 2005. Retrieved April 5, 2010.
- "Religion | The Bahamas Guide". www.thebahamasguide.com.
Media related to People of the Bahamas at Wikimedia Commons
|This Bahamas-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|