Baha-ud-Din Naqshband Bukhari
Syed Baha-ud-Din Naqshband Bukhari
Baha-ud-Din's name in Arabic calligraphy
Baha-ud-Din was born on 18 March 1318 CE (14 Muharram, 718 AH) in the village of Qasr-i-Hinduvan (later renamed Qasr-i Arifan) near Bukhara, in what is now Uzbekistan and it was there that he died in 1389.
He came into early contact with the Khwajagan (lit: the Masters), and was adopted as spiritual progeny by one of them, Baba Muhammad Sammasi, while still an infant. Sammasi was his first guide on the path, and more important was his relationship with Sammasi's principal khalifa (successor), Amir Kulal, the last link in the silsila, or chain of teachers, before Baha-ud-Din:
Baha-ud-Din was buried in his native village, Qasr-i Arifan, in 1389. In 1544 Khan Abd al-Aziz built over his grave a tomb and surrounding buildings. The Memorial complex is located 12 kilometers from Bukhara and is today a place of pilgrimage.
- "Yawm-A-Wilaadat Hazrat Khwaja Shah Bahaudeen Naqshband Qaddas Allahu Sirruhul Azeez". 17 November 2013. Archived from the original on 2013-12-27.
- Sultanova, Razia (2011). "Naqshbandiyya". From Shamanism to Sufism. I.B.Tauris. p. 32–37. ISBN 978-1-84885-309-6.
- Mausoleum of Bahauddin Naqshbandi 2003-2013 Hotelica.
- The Rules or Secrets of the Naqshbandi Order by Omar Ali-Shah (1992) ISBN 2909347095
- The Masters of Wisdom by John G. Bennett (1995) ISBN 1881408019
- The Naqshbandi Sufi Way, (History and Guidebook of the Saints of the Golden Chain). by Shaykh Muhammad Hisham Kabbani. Kazi Publications, USA (1995) ISBN 0-934905-34-7
- Classical Islam and the Naqshbandi Sufi Tradition, Shaykh Muhammad Hisham Kabbani, Islamic Supreme Council of America (June 2004), ISBN 1930409230.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Baha-ud-Din Naqshband Bukhari mausoleum.|
- The official website of Shaykh Zulfiqar Ahmad Naqshbandi the patron of Naqshbandi-Mujaddidi Order in East and West.
- The official website of the Naqshbandi-Haqqani Sufi Order of America
- Naqshbandia Owaisiah
- Ghazwat ul-Hind
- The official website of the Naqshbandiyya-Mujaddidiyya Order of the USA and Europe